The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beautiful but terrifying (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Watched Everest when it came out and really liked it but last night we went to see Meru. OMG what a fantastic movie. Beautiful, terrifying, and absolutely amazing. Meru is a documentary about Conrad Anker, Jimmy Chin and Renan Ozturk who decide to tackle Meru, a climb that has never been accomplished before. (Not for lack of trying) It makes climbing Everest look like a walk in the park. Not only is the climb itself amazing, but what happens to Jimmy Chin and Renan Ozturk in-between attempts is unbelievable. If you get a chance, highly recommended.

(Jimmy Chin has skied Mount Everest from the summit!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
When I wrote the above post, I didn't realize that Jimmy Chin has also been climbing with and filming Renan. While looking up more on Jimmy, I found the following video published by National Geographic which is a really fascinating talk by Jimmy, Renan and Alex Honnold about climbing the world. They have a hilarious story about being robbed (or, a robbery attempt anyway), in the Sahara desert that starts around 6:30. The entire video is great but if you want just a taste, check out that little piece.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Ok: I literally laughed out loud at that story. Watch this video, Café friends.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
That was a great clip, Rockwall. Keep them coming. Now I have to delete my browsing history so my daughter doesn't find these and get tempted!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Dan Osman is a LEGEND.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
This is my favorite picture that I took of my wife climbing in the Uintas back in 2007.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
A climb so easy, she can do it with one hand tied behind her back!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
LOL. She's actually reaching for her chalk bag but I think you're right. That's what it looks like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beautiful but terrifying (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL