The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Code Breaker by Michael Murray presented by Gregory Wilson (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I've tried it out twice so far. The first guy was legitimately concerned that I figured out his PIN code. The second person (who knows I'm a magician) was completely fooled as well.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
So, just to make sure I'm clear... if someone has Michael's Calculated Risk book, they already have the basic method, just without Greg's personal handling. Is that right?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Seth, the Cal-Ender technique is what comes with Greg's routine, the version in Calculated Risk is the newer updated technique which allows you to get two numbers (or three if you combine it with Greg's addition).

Even if you know the original Greg's routine is excellent and he does have an extra addition which is worth knowing.

Hope that helps Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, GAMJoker wrote:

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I don't even like any p**ks like a c***er t**r where they draw something and have to give you the piece of paper, because I mean when they only have to draw it to "proof" at the end what they were thinking of, why they can't just hold it when you are a "real" mentalist.
Many teens today already know that you can do many stuff and tricks with a calculator even if they are no magicians. When I have to type anything into a calculator and give it to the magician, the magic would be over for me at this point.
But well I guess everyone have another point of view about stuff like that.

If you can't fool a person with a p*** or a T*** than you're a bad mentalist... simple as that. (not necceserly directed at you as I'm guessing you're not a mentalist)

In Mentalism P*** and T**** aren't the method.

The real method in mentalism is acting, and if you can't convince someone that you're reading his mind, than your acting sucks and you should work on it instead of saying that methods we've been using for (quite possible) over hundred years, don't work.
Reader discretion is advised.
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
So I'm a little confused - I am a huge fan of penguin and Gregory Wilson both - but doesn't the second video (the performance one) completely expose the method? If you just repeat the steps as a spectator - plus one other tiny thing - it gives it away. If I were penguin I'd take that second video down!

As for me the trick itself is good but there's something so inorganic about saying ok I'm going to guess your code ... But first please open your calculator! (Huh? Why?) and now type in your code. Again I'm a huge fan of everyone involved with this effect but personally I'm a little confused on this one. Maybe it's just not my style is all.

From the reactions it sounds like a worker so maybe I'm in the minority here.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Well...it's cheaper than iunlockyourmind, which Apple just made obsolete with a 6 digit code.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, Robvs wrote:
Well...it's cheaper than iunlockyourmind, which Apple just made obsolete with a 6 digit code.

iunlockyourmind is far from obsolete, I still use it daily and I've yet to see anyone with a 6 digit pass code. In fact if you upgrade on an existing phone it keeps your current settings. Unlocking someone else's phone is the least part of what iunlockyourmind does. I often unlock their phone using Pete's method before I get them to unlock my phone on iunlockyourmind. Having multiple methods is very useful. I now have 6 different methods of unlocking an iPhone and I use them all in various situations. In Pete's performance that I mentioned above he used 3 different methods.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
If you purchase an iPhone 6s and even restore it as your old phone, you'll find that a 6 digit is required initially (but can be changed in settings). I'm not equipped to provide you with sales figures on the iPhone 6s, but there are potentially millions of people for which iunlockyour phone will not work.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quick search had 13 million units sold two weeks ago
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Iunlockyourmind will work on anyone as they unlock my phone which has a 4 digit pin, during that process I get their star sign dob and their bank pin. Currently I see very few 6s's compared to 5's and 6's. I even still see occasional iPhone 4. If someone presents with a 6s with a 6 digit pass code I will use one of the other 5 methods to unlock their phone whilst using iunlockyourmind to have them unlock my phone whilst giving me the other info I need. More realistically I will just pick the spectator with the older phone as in a group of 10 people less than half will likely have the 6s. The most common phone I see currently is the 5. The 6 is starting to catch up, I've only seen one 6s and that was on a 4 digit pin. By the time 6 digit pins are common iunlockyourmind will be updated. As Myke uses it himself I'm pretty sure he is very aware of how common (or currently rare) 6 digit pins are.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
13 million sounds a lot but that's worldwide and there are 70 million people in the uk. 13 million is a tiny percentage of the 7 billion people on the planet and unfortunately we have no figures for how many are on 6 digit pins. I have seen one 6s in the wild and my son has a 6s plus, both of these have a 4 digit pin.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Myke hasn't updated the app in years, and he's stated finances as a reason for not updating despite requests. Let's take this conversation to that thread in order to not hijack.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
FYI I am currently sitting at a table with three people with 6s, 2 with 6 and ALL have a six digit. Me included.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
And every single one of you would be able to unlock my phone with iunlockyourmind. From that I could get all 3 of your star signs even though only one of you entered his birthday into my phone. I could also unlock all of your phones, 2 I would probably use calculated risk and the other Pete's bold phone unlock from When in Rome. I unlock all of your phones and you three unlock my phone, I get all of your star signs and at least one bank pin. Yep I'd call that obsolete.

Statistically the 6s are uncommon. 13 million sales, 3 million in China the other 10 million spread across USA, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Denmark, Belgium, South Korea and Japan. That's less than 1 million per country or statistically around .1 of each countries populations are on an iPhone 6s. I'll take those odds especially as iunlockyourmind would still be just as useful to me if those figures were 90% rather than .1

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, Robvs wrote:
Myke hasn't updated the app in years, and he's stated finances as a reason for not updating despite requests. Let's take this conversation to that thread in order to not hijack.

well as you raised it in this thread I will respond here. The app has had a couple of updates. When the lock screen changed it had an update relatively quickly, not as quick as I'd have liked because it took about a month after the lock screen changed to get the update, and the pro version had an additional update not that long ago. The only real need for an update is the 6 digit pin which is a new thing since the release of the 6s and so the lack of updates is understandable. Prior to the 6s what do you think didn't work?

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Please direct your attention to the appropriate thread where this was recently raised by other forum members. This is not the place to continue the conversation.
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
With Turners method combined this becomes even better.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Add turners thought to the double unlock routine (variant) taught in Calculated Risk and round off with Greg's addition from Code Breaker and you can harvest three pieces of information (potentially four if you wished). Its a dealdly combo Smile

Calcukated Risk is now available as a download from both Penguin and myself and the physical book will be available through all good dealers very soon Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
If you simply say "type something in here .... It's 1234" of course it's not going to fly. Mentalism is far more about how you reveal the info than how you get it. I guess it's those things that Pete calls sprinklers in his ATT lecture. Watching Michael perform his Calculated Risk that uses a similar method at minds was a joy. Michael's genius isn't just in the methods he comes up with but the way he structures the routine, it's not about how he operates the phone it's about how he operates the spectators. Same is true of most of those that rise to the top.

I wish I'd filmed Pete Turner performing to a group of laymen when I was out with him a couple of weeks back. The core of what he did was his iPhone unlock which uses a similar method, isobella's star using the cal-ender peek and they were absolutely blown away. Sure he also threw in his billetless name guess (alongside a billet name reveal) and his star sign pa and a lie detector routine where they merely think a truth or a lie and his bold phone unlock from When in Rome, but most of what he did boiled down to revealing info they had basically given him. He had them eating out of his hand. Pete is also a master at creating false memories, I doubt any of those spectators would mention the calculator if you asked them to describe what Pete did. I learned more from an hour of simply watching Pete work to laymen than I would learn in a month of studying methods.

That's the kind of thing you are getting with this, not just the method for getting the phone to unlock but the benefit of seeing how someone like Gregory Wilson applies a presentation to that method to create something magical.

Mark

I absolutely agree. Presentation is so important and Peter is an absolute master at it. And Michael is a genius. I also love the second phase offered with this. A definite buy recommendation from me.

Preston
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:

If you can't fool a person with a p*** or a T*** than you're a bad mentalist... simple as that. (not necceserly directed at you as I'm guessing you're not a mentalist)

In Mentalism P*** and T**** aren't the method.

The real method in mentalism is acting, and if you can't convince someone that you're reading his mind, than your acting sucks and you should work on it instead of saying that methods we've been using for (quite possible) over hundred years, don't work.

Ofc mentalism is more about the presentation, but that doesn't change anything to my opinion about a c****r t**r. It's not like I can't fool anyone with it, I just don't like it to take everything from the spectator and left him with nothing. There are many other p**ks with a pad or something like that where the spectator still thinks that he has the secret under full control and you can't get it because he secure it. For me as a spectator when I think back after the trick, it's totally different if I gave him back a pad where I wrote my secret stuff or if I gave him everything - Just my personal view.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Code Breaker by Michael Murray presented by Gregory Wilson (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL