The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
horus1
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of horus1
I've given in to temptation and continued far past page 12.
Wow.
You keep setting the bar higher, Professor!
Brilliant work! I can't wait to start performing with this!
THANK YOU!

Just as the ambrotype was a perfect accessory to Gh*st, I continue to be intrigued by your descriptions of Tryptic and it's relationship to More Gh*st.
Please keep the updates coming - especially for those of us contemplating the selling of souls and kidneys. ;-)
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
638 Posts

Profile of Winks
Told you so. Is Perkins next?
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
My resolve is fierce.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
864 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
A couple years back I did a seance show with the original Gh*st. I was given only 15 minutes for my performance and did 12 shows per night for a run of 4 evenings. I was the finale for a haunted lantern tour.

Because my time was so limited, I spent most of it telling my story and weaving in about how this haunted book could be used to communicate with spirits.

The book is very convincing and I had a lot of fun with it. Some of the revelations can be REAL spooky.

So, of course, I had to buy More Gh*st. I have since been devouring the performance manuel. This is so freaking good! I will definitely be writing a show with these 2 books talking. Viva la bibliomancy! Thank you Prof BC, I consider More Gh*st your finest work to date (in my humble opinion).
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
638 Posts

Profile of Winks
If you've ever seen the great old move Northwest Passage with Spencer Tracy, there is a scene about 3/4 through where Rogers Rangers are starving. There is this one fellow who isn't. He has a canvas bag with something in it. He is also not hungry. When he is asked what it is, he cackles manically and says "You ain't hungry enough yet." Turns out it was an enemy head that he was munching on.

My dear Perkins, I am looking in my canvas bag and cackling loudly, "You ain't hungry enough yet." Of course that one fellow did subsequently to being discovered, jump off a cliff, but I am not at that point yet. I do know that many more Prof BC devotees are looking in their canvas bags too and receiving sustenance. Come over to the darkside.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Most MGs have gone out as of a few minutes ago. The following have not yet gone:

Those requesting ambrotypes (I am finishing them today and they will be packed with your books to ship out Monday).

Those specifically requesting later shipment and/or holds until further notice (you know who you are).

A few trainwrecks where more than one person appears to want the same COA. Could the following please contact me via PM here at your earliest convenience and tell me the number of your Ph.o.t.O. Dopps:

Winks (I actually know your PhotO number better than you just now, as you know, but please confirm your other Dopps numbers)
J. Adlesick
T. Heinlein
S. Cauthorne
B. Orr
B. Leistikow

For the most part, these are questions of miscounting on the spreadsheet, but I want to triple check with you first to avoid issuing out the wrong numbers. And finally:

New customers and orders requesting COAs with numbers greater than 100. These all will be (re)assigned new numbers in lottery fashion/Next Available Number from the outstanding stock, but I cannot begin that process until I have cleared up the aforementioned trainwrecks (again to avoid the possibility of lotterying out a number that actually belongs to another).

My current count of remaining MGs stands at eleven.

Thank you most sincerely,
Prof BC
Phasmologist
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Any idea if the ambrotype will be revived?

Two dozen ambrotypes now available on the Lebanon Circle Magic site. Bit of midnight oil, but they are ready.

A word of disclosure (because it is not in the present manual as it was in the GH*ST manual): the ambrotypes represent a faded, old, generally damaged image of M.R.J. and not a 'clean' or 'bright' photograph. Be aware of this fact before ordering. They are meant to be atmospheric and yet can be successfully projected (if desired) onto a wall or screen (with a bright enough light) to reveal good detail.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Any idea if the ambrotype will be revived?

Two dozen ambrotypes now available on the Lebanon Circle Magic site. Bit of midnight oil, but they are ready.

A word of disclosure (because it is not in the present manual as it was in the GH*ST manual): the ambrotypes represent a faded, old, generally damaged image of M.R.J. and not a 'clean' or 'bright' photograph. Be aware of this fact before ordering. They are meant to be atmospheric and yet can be successfully projected (if desired) onto a wall or screen (with a bright enough light) to reveal good detail.

Prof BC

Considered yourself loved here by a woman for a change
Smile
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Not to brag but I have the 2 original books (More Ghost as a First ed. and Ghost as an 8th ed. but looking exactly the same).
And I'll tell you: you cannot tell the difference, if by the quality and texture of the paper.
What the Prof does, well, it's no quackery!
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Hmmm... I was a bit slow on the notification and missed the short window of opportunity for the ambrotype at Lebanon Circle. I will be more vigilant in the future when next the good professor has time to make more available!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Egads! I awoke this morning to the news that the ambrotypes were all gone. I thought I had made up enough to last a while. I do not know when I will have time to run up more again (but I will do). Just now I have to finish the packing & shipping for MG and get back to Triptych.

Will post here when the next batch is ready (not this week or next either, I am thinking).

Thank you, most sincerely, for the enthusiasm. You overwhelm me with your many kindnesses.

BC
Phasmologist
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Miss Le Fey speaks the truth: this aging of MG is extraordinary. If feels, looks, and smells for all the world like all my other (actual) books from around the same year. Not to mention that it looks fantastic nestled in with its companion as well as the other, more colorful Dopps.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
My current count of remaining MGs stands at eleven. Thank you most sincerely, Prof BC

Whilst MORE GH*ST is a really wonderful addition to the Dopps family, I'm even more blown away by how it takes the original GH*ST to an even higher level. I would seriously urge any original GH*ST owners who are on the fence about purchasing MORE GH*ST to take the plunge before the last few copies sell out. It works seamlessly with the original effect whilst adding many more potential hits and opportunities to weave a story, and whilst involving twice the number of participants. I can't imagine that anyone who enjoys their GH*ST wouldn't benefit greatly from adding MORE GH*ST to their act.

Professor, you have really raised the bar with your recent releases, and PHANTOMS will always have a special place in my heart, but I think MORE GH*ST may just be my favourite of all of them. Thank you so very much for admitting that famous author into the Dopps family.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of horus1
GOT MINE!
THANK YOU PROFESSOR!!!
Wow.. if anybody is on the fence about this one..... do yourself a favor and snap up one of those last copies.
This is a gem!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I am so jealous...I'm out of town for the next 2 days...but it will be waiting on me when I return Wed night.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
MG is extraordinary!
These Professor BC books never cease to amaze me...even the fact they exist is remarkable to me.
Such precise deceptive jazz instruments of mystery without equal.
I suspect extraterrestrials are involved.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1431 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Got home to a awesomely pleasant surprise, my #21 MG !! This book is another work of art from front to back, not to mention all the extra's you've crammed into this one connecting the 1st & Dopps.

Was reading thru the manual yesterday - WOW, Prof just mind blowingly amazing !!!! You went from raising the bar once more with PotO to rocketing past Satern with MG !!
So I am guessing your next treat/release will be touching the end of our known universe !?!?

Not surprised that these went as quick as they did, this is not one to sit on the fence about !!

Thank you Prof, my MG sits proudly next to 1st G & nestled with Dopp's cousin set 😊
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Mine is most likely carefully wrapped and sitting on my table awaiting my arrival home. Alas, I am in Chicago Illinois for another 8 to 10 days, so I will live vicariously off of everyone else's joy and amazement until I can finally hold my own copy in my hands! Thank you, Prof BC for such a wonderful gift, not only to expand my Dopps Collection, but to offer alternative avenues of performance venues with MG and Spectre! (Now if only I could find Gh*st and truly have a complete set!!!). 😁
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

The only one missing in my collection is Shakespeare!
AND, but call me Veruca Salt, I count the days on my fingers and toes to hear tidings of a Fairy Tale book!
But I'll allow the poor man a couple of centons to rest! Smile
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076bg6

Another bio of M.R. James.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL