The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
I think gr1mm should be next then I'll be done. You only need so many and it makes sense to use the creepier titles.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Then he'll probably go for Rackham! Smile
horus1
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of horus1
Just curious - How many left?
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Got back in town last night and it was waiting for me. What an amazing book...and that is just the book itself...then there is the contents! Amazing.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1025 Posts

Profile of reese
My hat off to Prof BC for his fertile brains and crafty hands. And my gratitude also extends to Dan of the Lebanon Circle. Two true gentlemen.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
838 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Got mine in the mail today....what service, only four days to Phoenix. Prof BC and Dan excel in all ways as vendors amd creators!
Now, first I will try to read quickly the entire tome, ....before going past the first 12 pages of the manual. Then will delight in seeing the details of this fantastic looking, beautifully aged treasure, to incorporate in my Dopps set and/or develop the "one-off" amd mentalist potentials! Awwwwesome...!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Received mine two days ago. Very happy with/about it.
Looks fantastic.

Thx Prof BC!
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
You only need so many

What! Are you crazy?

(Only joking).

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I'd love to have a whole shelf full of different Doppelgängers. On the other, I'd love to get my hands on the final Faerie Dopps sooner rather than later. In all probability I'll keep purchasing new Doppelgängers for as long as Prof BC cares to conjure them up and I can afford them.

I suspect it will depend very much upon where the good Prof's creative juices take him.

My MORE GH*ST arrived in the UK today. Awesome! So for now it's just a quiet evening enjoying the ghost stories.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
220 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Is it still available?
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2015, dorian_faust wrote:
Is it still available?

The Lebanon Circle website still seems to have it in stock.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
MG is so brilliant...these BC books keep getting more intriguing while always staying truely backward compatible...unreal.
At any moment the Prof. can drop the mic and walk away from us indisputably victorious.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2648 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
This could well be the ultimate Prof BC book test (though I hate referring to it as a "book test" since that term tends to diminish its versatility). It has the main features of Doppelganger plus loads of additional hits.

Potential buyers should know that they do not need to own Doppelganger or Gh*st. More Gh*st can easily provide an evening's entertainment on its own. It's convincingly aged as well.

It looks like 2015 is the year of Prof BC. He seems to keep outdoing himself. When it comes time to vote for the best marketed bizarre effects of this year, Ph.o.t.O, Spectre, and More Gh*st will all be on my list.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Awesome time stamps above Mind Guerrilla..lol Smile
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2648 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:
MG is so brilliant

Yes. I am. Smile

Quote:
Awesome time stamps above Mind Guerrilla..lol Smile

You're ahead of your time, Eddie. Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5124 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
MG is so brilliant...these BC books keep getting more intriguing while always staying truely backward compatible...unreal.
At any moment the Prof. can drop the mic and walk away from us indisputably victorious.

Love this.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I loved the fact that he needed a university math department to calculate there are 2.144x10^66 different possible hit combinations. Talk about never having to do the same routine twice.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
730 Posts

Profile of roblane
One less available as I've just grabbed mine, an early Xmas prez to myself 'cos I've worked hard all year. Knowing it's from the Prof, I can't go wrong Smile
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2015, minty wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
You only need so many

What! Are you crazy? (Only joking).I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I'd love to have a whole shelf full of different Doppelgängers.

As much as I love Dopps and Gho*st it would be too expensive for me to own the whole set. I'm wondering out of the 100 copies how many even get used in performance and you only really need three (unless you often perform to a lot of people and you really want to bust them all out in a longer performance?). I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet this is more of a collectors item that sits on a shelf for most people.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
As much as I love Dopps and Gho*st it would be too expensive for me to own the whole set. I'm wondering out of the 100 copies how many even get used in performance and you only really need three (unless you often perform to a lot of people and you really want to bust them all out in a longer performance?). I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet this is more of a collectors item that sits on a shelf for most people.

Personally, I usually perform Doppelgänger with a small group of people seated round a table, and I like each participant to have their own book. So I usually have at least four books in play, often five. I also like to offer participants a choice of books, so will generally have the full set of books in the centre of the table, even if we only end up using four/five of them. I think, for me personally, future releases would be about offering participants more choice, rather than increasing the number of books in play. That, plus giving me the option to choose specific books for specific occasions/audiences (such as Christmas-themed books).
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
The Dopps library accommodates a seasonal holiday selection while also providing a year-round choice of popular genres including Mystery, Horror and even though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."...Shakespeare!

I admit I have yet to use multiple books in harmony but I long to. It might even be a personal goal.
I do however definitely switch out the various books into my shoulder bag seasonally or with various objectives in mind.

These books are designed to do a whole bunch of multiple amazing things and can jazz dance like Jack Cole, they can also elegantly isolate a phrase or a single word that can make all the difference in a moment of presentational wonder.

I will also admit that that I have gazed deeply into an ambrotype to momentarily stall and get my plan together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL