The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Tzaddi93
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Tzaddi93
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Just a heads up for the spooky brothers and sisters that don't already own Gh*st, and are ordering More Gh*st.
Get your MR James Ambrotype on the LC site while you still can!
Though I'm told you don't need it for the new release, it is a marvelous accessory.

The Amobrotype already shows 'sold out' when trying to purchase... Hopefully they will release a few more.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
212 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Would it be possible to get a brief synopsis on the More Gh*st effect?

I own Spectre and Dopps but am interested in hearing the differences with this effect.

It will obviously be amazing if it's from the Prof!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of horus1
Had a quick look in the manual this morning.. but stopped when I reached the part where Prof BC challenges us to read the book first.
Argh.... need book in hand... and even then, probably can't resist. But for now.. I'll try...

Also in those first few pages is a delightful bit of information about the aging of our books... super cool.
I won't spoil the surprise here for those who haven't read yet.

Suffice to say I am very excited about this release!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I've managed to muster up the willpower to stop at the Page 12 Challenge... for now.

PROF BC, I've said it before, I feel compelled to say it again: This is a legacy offering. You are an exceptional caretaker to the memory, monument and magic of one of the Greats. I'm astounded by your tribute(s), sir.

Gratefully,
Perkins
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
640 Posts

Profile of Winks
I have not the willpower. Of, to quote Mr. Wilde, I can resist everything except temptation. I thought Dopps was very good. I thought Spectre was excellent. This is beyond exceptional.
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, Winks wrote:
... to quote Mr. Wilde, I can resist everything except temptation. I thought Dopps was very good. I thought Spectre was excellent. This is beyond exceptional.

With only 100 copies available, I wonder how many are left?... Having read the performance manual (alas, I didn't have the willpower either), I fear that there will be many who will miss-out on a truly stonking effect.

(just in case translation is required... 'stonking' = very, very good!) Smile

Seriously, don't sit on the fence - you won't regret it.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Sir
This is magic for the thinking man. Really, the only limitations to what can be achieved with these books lies in each person's imaginative capacity. Even then, with Prof BC's legendary manuals, the owner comes out of the gate with a high degree of performance potential. I fully expect to be pulling my collection of books off the shelf decades from now to test out and perform some new variation that I've just envisioned. Investing in one of Prof BC's books grants the owner a lifetime membership into the best little club in magic, in my humble opinion.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
This is one of the best books imo. I have gh*st and would never sell it. They will go together to my grave. Not sure how many books I really need at the end of the day. How many of you 100 actually perform I wonder or are you mostly collectors? Did the new manual for more G come out?
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
This is one of the best books imo. I have gh*st and would never sell it. They will go together to my grave. Not sure how many books I really need at the end of the day. How many of you 100 actually perform I wonder or are you mostly collectors? Did the new manual for more G come out?

So far I'm a collector of them all...but I'm about to do a show based partly around James' ghost stories..so these two may be coming off the shelf very, very soon. I'm hoping we can get BC to do a full on demo at the ECSS II this coming January. That would be awesome.
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
I would like to see just the two together in action.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
843 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I did not hesitate intentionally,...only had budgetary issues and then decided....I would rather be reading my MG #40 by candle light if necessary, than contribute to the elecrric company's overblown stock....and live a life without another masterpiece of Prof BC.

I have only read the first 12 pages, as suggested...while I try to endure my anticipatory rapture, until the tome arrives,...but just in the first 12 pages Prof BC has revealed one of the most unique, wonderous and incredibly creative, dedicated-to-a-legacy attributes that any such crafted collectible piece could ever contain. Those who have already wisely purchased know what I refer to as they will be as "gravely" delighted as was I...! Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Placed my order a few days after pre order waiting for customers out of state check to clear, didn't want to loss my #21 spot !
Hoping to get my MG manual soon, excited to read those 1st 12 pages Smile
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
223 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Now, I have been a fan of the good Professor for a while, and I purchased my first Dopps book earlier this year (P.o.t.O.) and I love it. Mind you, it is the only Prof BC product I own so far. Keeping this in mine, if I purchase this, could they work well together?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1209 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Absolutely! They will work seamlessly together, and MG alone even has more power under the hood than any single Dopps book. One of the most awaited books from Prof BC since the original GH*ST. I would snap it up quickly--if you love Ph.o.t.O, you will probably adore MG.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Any idea if the ambrotype will be revived?
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I too have stopped at page 12. Looks good so far. I've enjoyed studying Spectre too. Still a bit scared to perform it yet. Need to get all my patter down before I try it out. The good Prof must have some mind to invent all this stuff. Very impressed.
I have one Dopps book, Shakespeare, but it is the seconds version with a couple of pages missing. I want to sell it as I need some cash for something else. Would anyone like to buy it from me?
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
212 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
I took the plunge. After owning Spectre and Dopps, I have full faith in anything Prof BC releases.

Don't plan on even glimpsing the manual until I have book in hand. The anticipation begins!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, morgaine_le_fey wrote:

Yes! I was surprised when people began ordering ambrotypes and the stock disappeared overnight. I am taking a bit of time now to make up some to include with the book orders that I am sending out this weekend and hope to make up enough to put them back in stock within the week. Stand by (and keep an eye on Lebanon's site for the 'in stock' message to appear again just in case I forget to post the fact here--as you might guess everything's a bit crazy right now between finishing up the books, sorting the orders, making labels, packing, &c., but there are *some* extra ambrotypes on the way (unsure how many just now, but perhaps a dozen or thereabout)).

Thank you for asking,
BC
Phasmologist
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
843 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, morgaine_le_fey wrote:

I asked Dan and he noted he hopes to be able to get more in, but no time frame yet.
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
Are the ambrotypes all the same? Full faced or are some partial faces?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » More Gh*st (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL