The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Outsider (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Check out the Outlaw site.
It is under 'Lovecraft' on the site.
This will scare the 'sheet' out of some participants!

I see new effects/props everytime, I take a visit. Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Wow, that is cool.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Very creepy
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Could very for a VERY spooky evening scrying…..
*I knew you were going to read this
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
What I really like is the photo can be changed between or to match performance needs ... per, ad copy !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Brilliant!! Thanks for sharing G.

Not only is Rick a great guy, he is like an industrial machine in that workshop! He don't stop, and we're dang sure glad he doesn't. Smile

Outlaw has some real quality merch. The Outsider looks crazy good!

A most interesting backstory for The Outsider:

Quote:
The Chinese myth suggest that an alternate universe exists beyond mirrors. Upon entering the fauna of mirrors nothing is like the world has ever seen. No color, shape, nor size is the same. The creatures that dwell within the fauna are not like any creatures that inhabit the earth. Once the fauna was open, and creatures from both dimensions could pass through freely. There was always harmony between the both worlds, but one day that harmony was disturbed and the worlds came to be at war with one another. In turn, the portal had to be closed to avoid controversy.

Many years ago mirrors were thought to hold an alternate universe. This was referred to as the "fauna of mirrors". The creatures of the fauna were free to pass through the mirror into earth and the same for the earth's inhabitants. Any creature could pass through a mirror portal at any given time.

Many of the fauna creatures had invaded earth. They began to cause mischief and create destruction in the world. The mighty yellow emperor, Huang Di, created a magic trap for the creatures. He cast a powerful spell over all the populations of the fauna that had been on earth causing trouble. The spell was so powerful that it removed all the powers that the fauna creatures had, including the ability to pass back through into their own world. It also took away their ability to change shape, or make decisions for themselves.

The wise Huang Di banished all the fauna creatures to remain on earth for the rest of their days, serving as peasants to those who reside on the earth. The spell is said to still be in effect today, but one day the people of the fauna are supposed to rise to power over those of earth. On the day when the fauna people return strange things will begin to happen. A strange beaming light will be seen coming from all reflective surfaces, obscure creatures will begin to act out, and war will be heard in all directions. The leader of the fauna return will be led by either the Fish of the mirror, or the tiger of the mirror.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauna_of_Mirrors

Moreover, if any picture can be used then perhaps a prophecy could be revealed in the mirror via scrying (as "actorcoop" hinted at above).

Shemhotep,

~ Nyama ~
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Nyama, funny you should mention scrying as that's the primary thing that came to mind for me when I first saw this prop. In fact, I see the reveal in the mirror as an added bonus rather than the driving effect for this piece. Tell me if this will fly...

I see this prop as the centerpiece for an entire presentation that begins with a story...of course...and I would probably stick with the prop being a vanity mirror of a little girl. The performance begins after the drawer is opened and some small items are removed. Items that were found inside or around the mirror whenever it was discovered. Maybe these items include a piece of jewelry on a long chain, and old coin, a jar containing some fragment of some sort...a worn playing card...several photographs bound in twine...

Stories are told and mysteries are revealed, and then, what's this? What's this in the back of the drawer? Some odd little bell, tucked and hidden away. You remove the bell and innocently set it atop the mirror base and question its origins. Why would a little girl have an old bell tucked away in the back of her vanity? You ask the question again. And the bell rings...

After the shock has subsided you insist that this, while jolting, shouldn't be a surprise. We, and everything around us are made of the same "stuff." If people have "memories," shouldn't we expect that inanimate objects have a sort of memory as well? You invite a willing witness to help you out in the experiment as you lightly touch his hand, and you gaze into the mirror. It's a quiet moment now, after the jarring ringing of the bell, and you begin to reveal parts of his life that you shouldn't be privy to...and yet you are. And he responds with doubt, question, conviction...and perhaps...surrender. And you invite him to look into the mirror and see what you've been seeing. They see nothing but an old piece of aged and discolored glass. You ask him to look closer. Look past the surface of the glass. Look into the very soul of the mirror. Invite him to see behind it...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
There is a myth about peeling an apple in front of a lit mirror at midnight to reveal your future husband.

Here's the basics

1. Wait till midnight.
2. Prepare a mirror, an apple, a knife and a lit candle
3. When midnight strikes, peel the apple in front of the mirror with one long continuous strip, making sure that it must not break or something bad would then happen to you.
4. With your right hand, toss the peel over your left shoulder.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.goodyfeed.com/the-supernatura......band-is/
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
All interesting presentational ideas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Outsider (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL