The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Young Girl Claiming to be the real deal. (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I finally realise that magicians are the worlds most boring people hiding behind the veil of being intriguing and amazing. Why not just embrace the magic in the world? Why constantly try and find ways to destroy it. We can see this community as having a light and dark side, to me the dark side is the side that is negative, argumentative, and always wanting to destroy the magic in the world. If you turn to the dark side you end up chipping away at the art form.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I finally realise that magicians are the worlds most boring people hiding behind the veil of being intriguing and amazing. Why not just embrace the magic in the world? Why constantly try and find ways to destroy it. We can see this community as having a light and dark side, to me the dark side is the side that is negative, argumentative, and always wanting to destroy the magic in the world. If you turn to the dark side you end up chipping away at the art form.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Who has proven they are cheating?
I can FAKE a photographic memory ... But that doesn't disprove it exists! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3IMP0fwlCM

google is your best friend Slim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dDfGqnZQM

there are more examples if you dig around but I guess you want to believe to the point of ignoring any common sense or evidence....the performances are really old basic feats of mentalism.

If GOOGLE is YOUR best friend you are in deep dew dew ..rotflmao

Just because someone can fake something doesn't mean everyone is .. be logical for once Smile

That is true Slim but I just want to add that if there is a way of faking something then that obviously has to be ruled out first when evaluating any claims.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18114 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yay! Go frauds! Smile
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
If I cared enough to try to develop an informed opinion about this, I would look for evidence that one of these proteges had participated in a controlled test of some kind. If I could find no such thing, I would reserve judgment and simply accept that it is not possible at this time to come to an informed opinion. Not that hard really.
John
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17397 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The 10 commandments of logic applied here.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2705 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2015, StuartPalm wrote:

In this instance we have some guy charging $10K to activate the third eye. The only evidence we have of any success is a child that can do blindfold party tricks. Is it any wonder that most of us are skeptical and negative?

On a personal level I am in constant awe of the wonders of the universe and nature. I'm also intrigued by what makes people 'tick'. I embrace the magic that is all around us. However that doesn't mean I accept every bit of wonder at face value. I'm inquisitive, I ask questions, I ponder "...but what if...". That's not being negative, I am simply questioning everything to improve my knowledge and understanding. Anyone who blindly accepts something is a fool. But that doesn't mean it's their fault, sometimes it's a cultural thing embedded in their way of life. Sometimes they do not have the resources to investigate or question something. That doesn't mean they deserve to be screwed by a conman. It means they need educated, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The negative attitude in this topic comes from people that think anyone that parts with $10K deserves to get shafted, well I'm sorry, I disagree, it's not always that simple.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Mifune wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2015, E.E. wrote:
Well... if people stopped believing this kind of nonsense, we'd have far less work. Smile

I don't think so, I still go to the cinema and I don't believe it's true Smile

Very ture!

If you want to imagine what it would look like if a man could fly, then you go and see a Superman movie.
If you want to imagine what it would look like if someone could really do mentalism, then you come and see our acts.

No belief system required, just a wish to be entertained.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>The negative attitude in this topic comes from people that think anyone that parts with $10K deserves to get shafted, well I'm sorry, I disagree, it's not always that simple.

Derek<<<<

It doesn't have to be simple if you want to make it complicated....... anyone that has 10k to throw away HAS the resources. And if they can afford to throw it away on this without doing the research then that's up to them. That is simple. I wouldn't be surprised if there are those that have paid still can't read in the dark but still happy with their purchase... Otherwise where are those that got conned? I woulldve thought you would see them on youtube complaining?

I might try it myself think I will create xmas vouchers and give a 10% discount....and as a bonus teach how to read with finger tips.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18114 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome and Post-decision dissonance...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Or maybe they are happy with the purchase... some most definitely will be. Some will be unhappy but shut up for whatever reason. But not all of them? Some would surely be coming forward complaining by now. Why aren't we seeing them?

How many people are actually paying the 10k?

Where the testimonials or complaints? It seems strange to me there doesn't seem to be any?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18114 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Funnily enough, search engines exist!

there are two types of third eye opening "things"...

one is done seriously, and sometimes charges are made, but only $10 or so, which often goes to charitable causes...and its part of a bigger ceremony and its usually only available to those who have studied certain religious teachings...

then there's stuff like this, doctors talking about the dangers of such things, and try to educate people...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dDfGqnZQM

however, I'm not here to do people's research, I do my own...anyway - there's plenty out there if you wanted to read up on it...

what I would say though, and an entirely personal thing - is that if you are the kind of person who says "oh well, that's the buyer's look out...if they get scammed, then that's their fault"... firstly, on one level I do agree - they probably can afford it - but then again, maybe not...and rich folk don't deserve it either...

but on all other levels that go into making up a human being, I choose to think that its not ok, and I think that I'd rather go off and do what I think is right - without having to argue the toss with others on a forum...i don't want to engage on any level with those types of people, and I hope the feeling is mutual! Smile

don't read that in an angry tone, I've just had enough arguing with people - believe/do/act/not act however you want...but don't tell others that they shouldn't bother just cos you think its ok...

over and out...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It took you a while to come to "over and out". Smile

And you have done a fair bit of engaging up till now. But I'm not arguing just stating a point of view I still don't see any testimonials or complaints from those that have been on the courses. I would guess there really isn't that many shelling out 10k for the experience but that's just a guess. India is a wealthy country we only see the poor side most of the time so maybe some do who knows? I don't think any kind of scam is right and if I am genuinely in a position to prevent someone being ripped off I would step forward and have on a number of occasions. In this case I just don't see how any of us could make much of a difference. Its a bit like those scams you get in your email every now and then some African prince wants to put his money in your bank and pay you thousands for helping him...all you have to do is hand over your details. I can't really do anything about those either... so can only wonder why someone would be so stupid to fall for them..

But I guess they do.
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
I'm wondering where the $10,000 figure comes from? It was first used by MindPunisher on page one and has been repeated a lot throughout this thread.

On the InnerAwakenings site, I did not see a price listed. Can anyone confirm that the prices are in this ballpark?

The very well written article by the Indian mentalist Nakul Shenoy suggests much lower prices: One price was mentioned as "upwards of 30,000 rupees ($450)" and the other price mentioned was 80,000 rupees for two kids (or $600 each). One price is listed in the article as 800,000 rupees ($12,000), but that is the price to own a franchise, or something along those lines. The article about Prof. Nayak lists the typical price as 25,000 rupees ($375).

http://www.mangalorean.com/mangaluru-mid......a-nayak/

I don't think these figures change things much, as this is still a lot of money in India, and a scam is a scam, BUT I do think we should have our facts straight. If I am missing something regarding the $10,000 figure, please do let me know.

Thank you,
Scotty
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
I think Osterlind, has a better blindfold system, but believers will believe despite the obvious.

-Alex
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Though I don't mention it on the video and sort of credit the ESP research conducted at the parapsychology department of Duke University, I actually received my initial training from Swami Nithyananda, the guru who trained this incredible little girl. You can see evidence of that in some of my other videos. I think the girl is brilliant BTW!

https://youtu.be/-oNDCis0_G0

WARNING: The video is almost 8 minutes long and a bit boring. Watch at your own risk.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Young Girl Claiming to be the real deal. (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL