The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Young Girl Claiming to be the real deal. (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ferrismagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of ferrismagic
Have a look and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLkzg8bFgA
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I think she discovered an interesting property of blindfolds.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
742 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Very pro, she maybe needs a better blindfold (Osterlind's would be a good test condition one) to deal with the skepticism Smile
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
912 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Fakes ain't even tryin anymore these days
Reader discretion is advised.
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
261 Posts

Profile of Mifune
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:
Fakes ain't even tryin anymore these days

Fakes don't need it. Read the comments in the video. Those who want to believe don't need proof.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Well... if people stopped believing this kind of nonsense, we'd have far less work. Smile
I shall see you on the other side.
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
261 Posts

Profile of Mifune
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2015, E.E. wrote:
Well... if people stopped believing this kind of nonsense, we'd have far less work. Smile

I don't think so, I still go to the cinema and I don't believe it's true Smile
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1215 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This is the new hype in India - the land of illusions.

Nakul Shenoy is debunking some but like all lies they spread like butter.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I wonder why magicians and mentalist sometimes feels that they are the "ethic police"?

don't you see that doesn't matter if you expose "fakes" ? People will believe whatever they want. What would Mr. Bux think about this?
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17441 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think she's the next URI GELLER!!!!! Go girl go!!!! You'll be selling out magic conventions by the time you are 30!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1215 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Amirá wrote:
I wonder why magicians and mentalist sometimes feels that they are the "ethic police"?

don't you see that doesn't matter if you expose "fakes" ? People will believe whatever they want. What would Mr. Bux think about this?

Because any human being that cares for others cannot stand silent when others are all being conned * doing the right thing became wrong?
Let us know why you stand by what you wrote.

"People believe in whatever they want" What psychology classes have you been into?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Cognitive bias is quite real.
After tilting at a few windmills, you'll realize this.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Four Jakes
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Four Jakes
I think everyone can agree that the music in the video was dope. After that, I kind of have to agree with Amirá, we don't have to debunk, because people are going to believe what they want.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18256 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sometimes though, don't you think its healthy to enable people to rethink certain idea(l)s?

Some people believe in homeopathy, and some of died because they stopped regular treatments and stuck with their homeopathy cure. They worsened, regardless of their positive and "this is curing me!" belief, when it wasn't...

What if I believed that heroin was a really great lifestyle choice?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2271 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Four Jakes wrote:
I think everyone can agree that the music in the video was dope.

That opening was pretty great, for sure.

Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Lseeyou wrote:
Because any human being that cares for others cannot stand silent when others are all being conned * doing the right thing became wrong?

When people realized that "the right thing" is not a black and white concept.

There is no 'right thing'. There are, at best, right things and who should be the one who decides which one is best for any individual?

Given that people who believe in something will, in general, never change their mind, and that in general you cannot prove a negative - for the most part the people who claim to be 'saving' others are really just ego-tripping.

You want to help people? Serve food to the homeless, help the poor, volunteer at hospitals, etc.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18256 Posts

Profile of IAIN
To be clear, I believe the girl to be a fake - she's selling snake oil, she is very good at her job and I applaud her from an entertainment perspective only...if they are "teaching it" and its not teaching mentalism, then they are selling fakery...

you can listen to the opening prayer here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP8Wv1P1NFE
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
261 Posts

Profile of Mifune
When someone is scamming people I don't see how could be bad to point it out, the thing is that believers wont listen. About homeopathy I had a blog about science, when I explained how homeopathy "worked" I started to receive hundresds of emails saying that I was paid by evil corporations, until I had to get rid of my,fortunately not personal, email.

Now I have a more "Darwinian" view (and I'm more careful with my personal data in internet), problem is when some wrong views (because some topěcs are not debatable,they are science) can harm innocent people. In my country, this year died a 4 years old of an almost extint disease because his parents didn't vaccinate him because, you know, nature is good, science is evil and all that things. So, I repeat, I can't see the bad thing in, like Iain says, to help people to rethink some ideass giving them more information. Maybe I'm ego-tripping but I think that knowledge is always good.

P.S.

If I sound harsh or offended is only due to my bad communication skills in english.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
742 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
She is lying for money indeed. Given that she seems not to be selling a cure/homeopathy, is she doing something dangerous for anybody?
(dangerous, not amoral)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18256 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I did a little digging, the course she went on, its available via a site - it doesn't list a price, you could probably find out pretty easily...i think the claim is "go on this course and unlock your third eye" - and she then gives demonstrations of using that third eye...

if the course CAN teach that, then that's brilliant...but as with all such claims, for me they fall down on logic before anything else...if they can teach that, it has untold uses elsewhere, where they could a world of good with it...but they don't seem to be doing that, and I always wonder why...

anyway - the word 'science' has now been used, which means a whole load of crazy will soon be arriving, and I've decided to no longet get involved in that, as its such a chronic waste of time...
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Lseeyou wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2015, Amirá wrote:

Let us know why you stand by what you wrote.

"People believe in whatever they want" What psychology classes have you been into?

In basic ones when the notion that human beings are emotional beings and not rational.

Who cares if she is fake or not? Or if she is selling snake oil or not? Ethics are not the final solution. A pragmatic perspective in life isn't the best or the only solution to see realities during our existence in this reality that we call "world". So because I know a way to do that act, that means that everyone doing something similar is doing the same?

There are more interesting things in life that trying to be an apparent hero and say others that this girl isn't really using his claimed ability because there is a book that says other manner to do that. Surely, you don't need psychic power to do what she does, and again, who cares?

The person who wants to pay money to learn in his courses...his responsibility, not mine. Maybe she is teaching notion and ideas that are far beyond our understanding as performers, or maybe not.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Young Girl Claiming to be the real deal. (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL