The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls False bottom gag, question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Gentlemen (and ladies!):

I seem to recall watching (and laughing) at a humorous cups and balls performance, during a "wand through cup" moment, wherein a magician (David Williamson perhaps?) allowed a brass disc to "fall" off the bottom of the cup :O).

It seemed as if the cup fell apart at that moment, and with a lovely attempt by the magician to screw the bottom back on!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a brass disc like that being commercially available on any magic shop?

I was thinking of ordering a brass disc as a "stamping plate", but this disc seems ideally suited for jewelry making and, despite being a 2" circumference, is almost wafer thin.

Any ideas or suggestions on finding this "false cup bottom disc" would be greatly appreciated :O).

Thanks so much for your responses!
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
You know making this would be very easy if your so inclined. Hobby lobby or Michaels sell thin sheet brass. Cutting out a two inch circle from thinner brass can be done with scissors. Then sanding the edges with emery paper to make it round. Then press the brass down onto the top of your cup until it is the shape you want.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Sounds like a trick for a magic lecture; not so much for an audience of muggles.
Just guessing...
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Etienne M.
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
75 Posts

Profile of Etienne M.
The only mention of this "knock out disc" I know off, was the one that was suplied with the Loomis/Riser cup sets when they first came out.

Etienne
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls False bottom gag, question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL