We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to Continue Once You've Begun? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm not familiar with cyberworld. I was looking for the answer on my above question.

I sincerely studied Mentalism---
Annemann, Corinda, T.A. Waters, Pure Effect, Kentonism, Theater of the Mind. But now I want to continue studying. What sources can you recommend? If you want to help me, of course.

Kind regards,

Mystery
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
One word---Banachek

Check out http://www.magicinspirations.net,
and he's a regular here in the Café.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Mystery,

I would recommend reading everything you can get your hands on. Of course, some things are better than others, but you can never learn too much. If you don't have the money to buy books every week, there is information on the Internet. Not nearly as much on mentalism as magic, but still a fair amount of articles and what not. Just do a few searches. And it would not be a bad idea to search around here in the Café. Good luck to you.

Regards.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
You must not pass up Osterlind. Look at the ebooks on his website http://www.osterlindmysteries.com.

Nicholas
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
You may already be aware of this, but besides the Mentalism books do not forget to learn about what you are purportedly doing. That means you need to have a working knowledge of the Paranormal and ESP. When people engage you in conversation on these topics (and they will), it is best if you know what you are talking about. Metaphysical, as well as, mainstream bookstores and libraries have what you need to get up to speed.

Also, do not forget to learn some of the intuitive arts, e.g., Tarot, palmistry, graphology, etc., as well as cold reading. It will serve you throughout your career as a mentalist. If you haven't already run into a situation where an audience member, after your show, asks you to do a reading, you will. These are also important skills if you wish to have home Psi Parties, etc. Hope this helps.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
It seems like you have enough for a lifetime of performances. but I would highly recommend Bob Cassidy's works, Banachek and the usual suspects, Becker and Earle.

But most importantly, you probably want to concentrate on taking what you know and working it into a mentalism act, concentrating on your technique and misdirection.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Osterlind's Making Magic Real and Making Real Magic are musts. So is Banachek's work.
Houdinibleeding
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Houdinibleeding
Sean fields's new book is a must on my list!
FrankStone
View Profile
New user
South Africa/Taiwan
74 Posts

Profile of FrankStone
Get all the John Riggs books. Full of practical stuff you will use! Highly recomended!
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Well, it seems like I'll be busy for a while again. Thanks to all of you!

Mystery
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How to Continue Once You've Begun? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL