The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Denail by Eric Ross & SansMinds (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
I still think that the original triumph hasn't been topped even after
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
Have you guys seen this trailer? It looksAWFUL even for a SansMind trailer. Here is the link if you dare to watch it Smile
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20200
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I think people will freak , walk away and get disgusted before the restoration happens ... It's cool , but I can't see much potential in this except for maybe a Haloween themed performance .

That being said , this does look cool , might get this just to see how it looks even though I might not get much performance out of this ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Can I say I don't trust a demo where they don't show a close up of the effect?
Official Thread Killer
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Applies especially for Sansminds ~ However most of their releases now isn't that bad ...

- Albert Einstein
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Ugh, that's disgusting.
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Not much to see in the trailer, but am thinking of a way to do this, might have to play around with the method I have in mind. Loved the one guy, he was disgusted but liked it anyway! LOL
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2381 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I think it looks really cool for a freak out effect.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Not sure what to say, but I don't think I am interested in this effect.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1332 Posts

Profile of barts185
I don't own this (then again, this is only up for pre-orders so I guess very few people do), but 34.95?!? You can get 500 fake nails for less than $3.00. This looks like it should be a $5 download (at most).

It looks like Penguin didn't include the (IMO) idiotic blurb about TV rights in the ad copy. Does this mean that anyone that buys it from Penguin isn't bound by this (IMO) non-enforceable non-contract (IANAL, YMMV, etc.) ?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I doubt anyone would do this for TVs ...

- Albert Einstein
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Love the reaction. It's definitely not my style. But I may even give it a try.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I'm shocked to see this as I saw this performed in the 80s! Such an old effect!

I hope they got the original creators permission for this effect?

The Fly (1986) - David Cronenberg & Make Up Artists Chris Walas & Stephan Dupuis.
It was also already shown on TV and cinema, so I don't know how they can claim performance rights as Jeff Goldblum was the first to perform this.

Link to the ORIGINAL trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGCik0MMKo

Are there no original ideas left in magic? Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2381 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Lot of the effects that come out have some kind of history. Same ideas just different methods. For a example just look at a lot of the card tricks that come out. One example ( Card at any number ) So why would this be any different? Not that I am defending sansmind. I have yet bought one of there effects but everybody right off the bat starts bashing them. Someones buying there magic or they would be out of bizz.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
So do I support the inventor or nip down to Boots the chemist and buy 36 false nails for £5 ?

Looks a bit clean...shouldn't there be blood and skin all over the place. Wouldn't any (sober) woman know what was going on ?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Yep. I did throw up a little in my mouth. Pass.
YvanZmn
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of YvanZmn
Probably not the best trick to get a booking...
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
The comments on here about geek magic and effects like this is always interesting to me. The reactions to these kind of illusions in real life from people are crazy, they don't walk away disgusted, they walk away stunned. They can't look away. I don't know if this forum just skews really old or what the demo is but in a big city this will kill if it's a good effect. Obviously this isn't for getting bookings, it's for street and making people squeal. Personally the less people that do it the better, so it doesn't get overused.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2381 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
The comments on here about geek magic and effects like this is always interesting to me. The reactions to these kind of illusions in real life from people are crazy, they don't walk away disgusted, they walk away stunned. They can't look away. I don't know if this forum just skews really old or what the demo is but in a big city this will kill if it's a good effect. Obviously this isn't for getting bookings, it's for street and making people squeal. Personally the less people that do it the better, so it doesn't get overused.

Yes I agree. Sometimes people on here like to bash effects just because its not for them. I wont ever buy this not my kind of magic but it still looks cool to me.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Looks like a gross out version of the chocolate coin or old tearing wallpaper gag.
I like it.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
223 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Are there limitations to the skin color like you have with Th**b T*ps?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Denail by Eric Ross & SansMinds (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL