We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Inspired?!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I was just wondering at what point are you considered a mentalist? Are you a mentalist when you know the moves? Are you a mentalist when you perform? What if your only a part time performer?

I'm just tired of treading water. I keep trying and trying and I barely am making it. Am I a mentalist?

This has become far too personal. I guess what I am asking is when. When are we accepted by our peers (Not to be confused with pears)? Can anyone just claim to be a mentalist?
Houdinibleeding
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Houdinibleeding
The most difficult stage in everything you do is the beginning.

John Riggs once said:
"The true secret to success is persistance.
The proof of that is in the number of bad performers who are working."

And Max Maven said...
""Show business is like beating your
head against a brick wall, eventually one of them breaks".

Keep that in mind.
And take a look at the book The Luck Factor.
It will help you to focus.
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
Only you can answer that for yourself. Even the most well-known magician can secretly consider himself a failure, while the obscure part timer who gets out of thumbcuffs at the bottom of the neighbor's swimming pool can feel he's the Great Houdini himself.

At the end of the day "success" means what you say it is.
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
If you need to ask the question then you're not a mentalist.

Marc Climens
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I was having tea with Sir T and the Old man and asked the very same question, their response was the same:

"You are a mentalist, when you stop wondering if you are a mentalist and you when you look at things and ask yourself, 'How can I make this into an effect?' Being a mentalist is just that being one, thinking about it, living it, creating and doing it."

REST
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Inspired?!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL