The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wenger Bell from H*ll (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
As many of you know, I have had my Nick Wenger "Bell from Hell" for some time now. This is my "go to" effect for spooky storytelling. People are on the edge of their seat when the matches fly from the little wooden windowsill and the bell rings. BUT: When the string the bell is hanging from bursts into flame, well, let's just say I have had more than one person flee the room.

Recently, I was working with my bell, took a phone call from a client, forgot about the Bell, and left it on for too long. I mean waaayyy too long. I toasted the innards to a crisp! Smile Nick Wenger is wonderfully "Old School", in that he services that which he sells. I immediately contacted Nick and he lovingly restored my bell to the best of health and did not even charge me a PENNY! He even shipped it back free of charge. What a great guy to deal with in the realm of spooky magic!!

Just so you know, Nick does custom work and he can absolutely keep a secret. I have ordered custom items from him and he kept them totally hush-hush. My custom Wenger items can only be seen in my spooky show and no one else's. That gives me a sense of security in the fact that certain aspects of my show are totally unique.

So all in all, I am just saying that you should check out Nick Wenger's site and if you ever have an idea about a spooky item that is simply not made, give Nick a call. This man is nice, approachable, and knows how to help you out! Big hugs to you, Nick Wenger! You are a good human being with a very spooky mind! http://nickwengermagic.com/
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
I echo all your sentiments re: Nick. He was terrific to work with when I ordered by BfH awhile back. He was extremely helpful via phone when I had some subsequent questions. Even sent a video showing me my BfH as it was nearing being finished. Just finished up several performances this month where the BfH was the finale. Shrieks every performance from multiple attendees. Even overheard one person tell his wife as they exited after the performance, "I nearly sh*t my pants when that flame appeared."
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
That bell looks incredible.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Thank you very much for the nice comments. They are greatly appreciated!!!

Nick
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Nick has been building me some props and he definitely gets it done right.

I believe in top quality work and I believe Nick exhibits this.

-Alex
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
Hi there,
I'm afraid I can't follow suit: I bought 3 items from Nick for 1000USD,had to wait half a year, finally they came and were really very beautiful. But then: One transmitter failed, the lid of the Box for the Bell failed, the cutom made item (400USD!) also looked great but did and does not work at all. After contacting Nick I got a few hints like "take new battery" etc., and then nothing again, for weeks not even an answer. Thus I spent 1000USD and have now two partly working and one completely unusable prop - sorry, I can not recommend this man.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5514 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's unfortunate to hear. I've always had great communication with him, but don't use his props as often as I would like to (I'm a hobbyest), so can't answer to their durability and asking about repairs.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
All of the props I build are 100% GUARANTEED. If you have a problem with any of my props and we cannot get it figured out through emails. Ship it back to me. I will check it out, if the failure is through normal use, I will repair it at no cost and also pay shipping both ways. If I check it out and find that the failure was due to misuse, I WILL still fix it at no cost. I only ask that you pay for the shipping. I cannot be any fairer than that!

FYI - I have also done this for people that have purchased my products second hand. How many other builders are willing to do that?

Nick
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Let me also echo as a purchaser of Nick items - never had any problems with the goods and he was always responsive in his communications with me.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
Since we have found out that the missing aswers seem to be a technical e-mail problem and not bad will I withdraw my criticism. We are in contact again and I hope we can find solutions for the malfunctions of my props. I generally appreciate Nick's products very much and could not understand, why he seemed to totally ignore me with some problems caused by them. I am happy to see I was mistaken!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4474 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I've always liked the Wenger Spirit Bell (the one that the spectator assembles).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2016, remote guy wrote:
All of the props I build are 100% GUARANTEED. If you have a problem with any of my props and we cannot get it figured out through emails. Ship it back to me. I will check it out, if the failure is through normal use, I will repair it at no cost and also pay shipping both ways. If I check it out and find that the failure was due to misuse, I WILL still fix it at no cost. I only ask that you pay for the shipping. I cannot be any fairer than that!

FYI - I have also done this for people that have purchased my products second hand. How many other builders are willing to do that?

Nick

Hi Nick, this sounds so great but why then do you neither send me the promised spare part I have been waiting for since I think November 2016 nor answer any email I have been sending you since January? I fear your "100%" promise is a hollow nut.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5514 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I hope Nick's okay! I've purchased several items from him and his customer service was excellent. Super nice guy too!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2017, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I hope Nick's okay! I've purchased several items from him and his customer service was excellent. Super nice guy too!

So did I, and he promised to send me a spare part of the bell box which was broken, that was autumn last year - I am still waiting for it although he announced twice it would be on the way. for the last three months he hasn't answered any mail or private message here. I thought he was very nice, too, but this behaviour is not what I call friendly!
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I am going to speak out for Nick. I have three of his effects that he built for me and they are remarkable especially the Wenger Bell from Hell and the Wenger Spirit Bell. But often I have found that people who build custom magic of real quality fall behind schedule due to demand for their products and a bigger work load than they may have anticipated. He may have promised it in good faith in a certain time frame and then fallen behind. This may not sound like a good excuse. I can only say that Nick will come through and the product will be worth the wait.
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
It is not the product which is critisized (his products are in fact good) - it is the fact that he announces parts have been sent but they have definitely not been sent, and that he does not answer any mails for weeks and weeks. This is not an acceptable behaviour of salesman. If he falls behind, okay, then he should apologize and you will wait, no problem, but if you are told your mail has been shipped but it does not arrive and you can write mails after mails without receicing an answer, that is not ok.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Thanks Craig and Oz!

Reinhold,

I have not received any emails from you! I do apologize for not checking my PM's here on the Café. Just to set the record straight, I shipped you you a fully functional Bell Box proven by the video clip I sent you before I shipped it. A few weeks later you got in touch with me saying that you think you may have burnt out the gimmicked rope. I then sent you a $95 plus overseas shipping, replacement rope at NO CHARGE to you (even though it was your fault) in a greeting card in November 2016, which you say you did not receive. Let's do it this way, as it reads in my above post that you copied and pasted.

"Ship it back to me. I will check it out, if the failure is through normal use, I will repair it at no cost and also pay shipping both ways"

I just want be sure before I ship another $95 gimmicked rope.
novestro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of novestro
I do not want to be unfair, here just the facts: The rope stopped working after trying it out a few times (no performances), I do not know why, maybe it was my fault, ok. You wrote you would send me a new one which has never arrived. Then in January you wrote another one was "on the way", which has not arrived either. During the last 3 months I have written more than a dozen mails on AOL,GMX,T-Online and here and have not got any reaction. You got my mails in earlier days, so why should they suddenly not get to you? I correspond by email world-wide without any problems! And since I got your props last year without problems I wonder why two small packages should not reach me?
But what disappoints me most is that I can only get your reaction when I post my criticism here which is really my last option. I hesitated long before I took to that, not knowing what else I could have done! I think my frustration should be understandable!
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
[quote]On Mar 31, 2017, novestro wrote:
I do not want to be unfair, here just the facts: The rope stopped working after trying it out a few times (no performances), I do not know why, maybe it was my fault, ok.

Send the rope back to me and I will replace it with a new one. I will also pay the shipping cost both ways.
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
I'm chiming in here now.
i Just went through this With Nick, I purchased a Bell from a friend from Spooky. I assembled the bell and it would only raise the bell 1/2"
I Personal Messaged him here through The Café and he CALLED me within a few hours- we both were on the road as I recall.
He troubleshooted me through scenarios Batteries etc.
After not having any additional success, I called him again and he recommended I forward him the Rope as he felt it was worth a shot to see if it could be repaired.
It winds up that Nick was able to repair the rope.
His communication to me regarding this outcome, as opposed to me having to buy a new one for $95, led me to believe he was as Happy as I WAS that I didn't have to spend the $95 for a new Rope !

This is the mark of a craftsman who just wants his products, that bear his Name, to execute flawlessly in the real world of performance. Those of us familiar with this prop know just how uniquely animated it truly is.
As Bob Cassidy w/say:
Good thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wenger Bell from H*ll (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL