The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Is This Worth Keeping? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
In an effort to trim down my collection of 'stuff', I just came across my file of booking systems. Among them is material from Holiday of Magic (Ed Sparrow), Harry Mendoza, Chuck Windley, Colonel Seymour & Francis, Kenny Woodward, and some misc booking systems. Most of these were given to me by the performers themselves others by friends or clients. They are quite old, long before the days of computers and websites. They contain the brochures, letters and other promo material.
Do I toss them, keep them, (which means I'll trade for other things that I don't need), or, as a last resort donate them?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Anything you don't want, send it to me and it will sit on my shelves along with the other 50,000 pieces of instructions, advertising, letters and notebooks.
I use these for reference and let a few others use them for research, themselves.

Make sure they are obsolete first, just so they fit in with the other material on file Smile Eventually I'll also find someone to care for the materials like I'm doing now.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
It's difficult too decide what's obsolete. Most of the manuscripts are since the deal with subjects like crystal gazing, seances, and the like, but even so, I doubt if there will be all that many who would read any of it, unless they are researching for historic interest. I just prefer that it made available if anybody should be interested .
I can't tell what's obsolete among the the instruction sheets. There's probably some that lend themselves to being updated if anyone was interested, but one thins for sure, I'm not interested in keeping the stuff.
The brochures, business cards, etc, are a different story. There are collectors out there who would probably be interested in that material for their own collection. Meanwhile, my wife and I are talking about t a possible move to another location, and I don' want to schlep any more than I have to,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Is This Worth Keeping? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL