The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Questions for the new people to magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
I've always loved the cons and gambeling cheats from a young age, but what sealed the deal for me was when I saw David Copperfield perform live sometime in the mid-90's. It's been a long, slippery slope of and on ever since lol.

As one who digs cons, card magic was the natural path, though I have been trying to broaden my horizons. I'm a big fan of what Jeff McBride calls Guerilla Magic.

I was on the Kevin James msg board when someone there recommended I come over and check out the Magic Café, and I've been here off and on since then.
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of jtb
I had two inspirations: 1) A friend of mine in college in Los Angeles got a job in one of the close-up rooms at the Magic Castle. This was about 1969 and I got see the greats like Dai Vernon and Slydini. I loved it but I was a bit intimidated by the skill of these performers.

2) Then I worked for several years with Doug Henning on non-magic projects and got to see him perform many times from dinner parties to stage shows. He was such a nice person both on and off the stage and very creative. He made magic fun and accessible. Seeing Doug have so much fun got me interested in performing magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Questions for the new people to magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL