The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shooting in my town today, 4 dead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/31/us/colorad......dex.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
More senseless killing! I just don't get it. I wish everyone the best in this difficult time. R.I.P.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Before I came over to play in the sand I lived in Colorado Springs.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:

I didn't know that, when did you live here? This shooting happened downtown in the morning which is crazy as there are a ton of cops in that area. The guy that followed him and who called the police, maybe he should have ran the shooter over, I think I would have attempted to.

Do you think you'll come back to the Springs anytime down the road?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2015, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:

I didn't know that, when did you live here? This shooting happened downtown in the morning which is crazy as there are a ton of cops in that area. The guy that followed him and who called the police, maybe he should have ran the shooter over, I think I would have attempted to.

Do you think you'll come back to the Springs anytime down the road?

I left in August of 2003. I was living down near I-75 and Fort Carson area. I also lived in Stratmore Vally prior. In all I live in C.S. from 1994 - 2003. I bought a lot of stuff from Zeezo's over the years.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Yep, I know exactly where Stratmoor Valley is. I-25 and Academy is a stones throw away from Carson.

Zeezos was THE place to go back in the day. Ken Simmons was a great owner. Mark has been there for quite a few years, a great guy as well. BUT! I will have to say that magic there is just a side thought nowadays, costumes and makeup is their mainstay. Too bad, but I understand that the shop wasn't sustainable just selling magic.

If you're ever back in town, let's grab some food Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://www.salon.com/2015/11/03/the_terr......s_three/

"When Naomi Bettis called 911 on Halloween morning to report a gunman going on a shooting rampage in the streets of Colorado Springs, Colorado, it was her second call for help. Bettis had earlier called 911 to report a suspicious man brandishing a rifle, only to be told by the emergency operator that no help was coming because Colorado is an open-carry state."

"President of the Colorado Association of Police Chiefs, Rick Brandt, told the Post that Colorado lacks a uniform policy on how to handle calls of residents openly brandishing guns."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, balducci wrote:
Http://www.salon.com/2015/11/03/the_terr......s_three/

"When Naomi Bettis called 911 on Halloween morning to report a gunman going on a shooting rampage in the streets of Colorado Springs, Colorado, it was her second call for help. Bettis had earlier called 911 to report a suspicious man brandishing a rifle, only to be told by the emergency operator that no help was coming because Colorado is an open-carry state."

"President of the Colorado Association of Police Chiefs, Rick Brandt, told the Post that Colorado lacks a uniform policy on how to handle calls of residents openly brandishing guns."

The police should have been dispatched to at least touch base with the guy...at least say hi.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Why? He was only doing what every red-blooded American guy has the right to do in open-carry Colorado.

Now, if he were carrying a BB gun like Tamar Rice was doing in open-carry Ohio, it's a different story. Because 12 year olds are clearly more dangerous.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If only there were some federal law that enabled BB guns to be clearly identified.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, landmark wrote:
Why? He was only doing what every red-blooded American guy has the right to do in open-carry Colorado.

Now, if he were carrying a BB gun like Tamar Rice was doing in open-carry Ohio, it's a different story. Because 12 year olds are clearly more dangerous.

You mean this one Landmark:

"Cleveland Police Officer Timothy Loehmann shot Rice twice in the abdomen after responding to a 911 call of a man brandishing a handgun outside a recreation center. The officers responding were not told by dispatchers that the caller had said it might be a child with a fake gun."

"The reports by a retired FBI agent and by an out-of-state prosecutor concluded that the shooting of Rice was reasonable under current law."

So in conclusion, if the 12 year old would have respected the law and listened to the police's demand to put the gun down, this sad tragedy could have been avoided.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:

You mean this one Landmark:

"Cleveland Police Officer Timothy Loehmann shot Rice twice in the abdomen after responding to a 911 call of a man brandishing a handgun outside a recreation center. The officers responding were not told by dispatchers that the caller had said it might be a child with a fake gun."

"The reports by a retired FBI agent and by an out-of-state prosecutor concluded that the shooting of Rice was reasonable under current law."

So in conclusion, if the 12 year old would have respected the law and listened to the police's demand to put the gun down, this sad tragedy could have been avoided.

Nothing there indicates that the police demanded that he put the gun down though.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

If only there were some federal law that enabled BB guns to be clearly identified.

Yes, if only. Post-sale, and applicable to all BB guns, I mean.

http://en.airsofteur.com/laws/

"Under Federal Law: A 6 mm minimum orange tip must be present on the barrel end of the airsoft gun to identify it as such for any commercial sales. Once sold, local laws may vary on whether or not the orange tip must be kept - in many places, no laws exist restricting one from removing or replacing the orange tip"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/5001

"Such term does not include ... traditional B-B, paint-ball, or pellet-firing air guns that expel a projectile through the force of air pressure."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. Correct and fair statement Randwill. But Tamar WAS told to put his hands in the air and did not comply. Yet- he reached for the gun instead.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The point was (deliberately?) avoided.

The open carry gun laws are enforced in a haphazard and possibly racist way. If you are a twelve year old Black boy or a Black Panther, you are much more apt to get "attended" to while exercising your open carry right than if you are a stark raving lunatic white man.

At least in this case.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

The open carry gun laws are enforced in a haphazard and possibly racist way. If you are a twelve year old Black boy or a Black Panther, you are much more apt to get "attended" to while exercising your open carry right than if you are a stark raving lunatic white man.

At least in this case.

And if you are a Black Panther scaring/threatening off citizens from coming into the building to vote that's OK. I see...
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:

Now is it against the law to say Hi? That's all that I said.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Maybe making them have a bright orange tip would solve the problem.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

At least in this case.

Was he stark and raving at the time of the first call? Was he pointing it at people, as Tamir Rice was?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v......=piv-web Nice toy.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"The recordings show neighbor Naomi Bettis called 911 to report that a man with a rifle and two gas cans had entered a house and emerged with a revolver."

Maybe that's just normal in Colorado Springs. But his neighbor sure didn't think so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shooting in my town today, 4 dead (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL