The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best 20th Century Silks (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hudson,

I sent you an email to hudson@hudsonmagic.com
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
980 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Thanks Bob!
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Revisiting various 20th century silks methods...

At about the 2:00 spot of this facebook videolink (if it works):
https://www.facebook.com/338764602812514......3222251/
you might be able to see my "Third Millennium Silks" routine. I wanted a suave and debonair way to magically produce all three silks before doing the 20th century bit, so I modified some stuff from Tarbell and other sources. This routine was published in the August 1989 issue of _GENII_ and is also in my lecture notes.

"Third Millennium Silks" is fine for a manipulation act, but for school shows and such I do a more conventional over-the-counter Rice 20th Century Silks set.

I may have mentioned before that my friends the late Joe and Georgi Smiley did a great 20th Century Silks routine with a science fiction theme. I also remember reading in GENII_about someone who would tie two ungimmicked silks together and then, when going to his prop box for a magic wand, simply switched the ungimmicked silks for a gimmicked set.

I learned about the generic 20th Century Silks effect in Joseph Leeming's _Fun with Magic_. I'm guessing that most of the lay audience can't distinguish something like the Leeming version from a Rice gimmicked set.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
Thanks Anatole for posting that video, I throughly enjoyed seeing the entire act! Excellent!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best 20th Century Silks (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL