The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Other number phone service that rolls over your phone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Wondering if there is a phone service available that would give me a separate number to give out, but when called would ring back to my current phone. Not an answering service, but a forwarding service, I guess. Part of the reason for asking is that there are times I will put my phone (I only have a cell phone) on silent, but the app will allow certain numbers to ring through. If this services rings to me from a specific consistent numbrr, then I can program the app to allow the call through.

Ed
JLHypnosis
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JLHypnosis
Kall8 - 800 numbers for 4 bucks per month plus small per minute charges and your normal phone plan charges. I have never had a bill over $30.00 and I do a lot of incoming calls.

Works great had it for years

Jesse
JLHypnosis
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JLHypnosis
Also the possiblility of using google voice for free maybe - https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165221?hl=en I have not done this but it is worth a shot if you wanna go that route.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Also Vonage and Grasshopper as well.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Pretty much any office or home phone will do the job won't it? Just program that number into the cell.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I use google voice and have for years. Free. Other than however they snoop on you.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Google Voice is what I have used for years and it is free.

Rod
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Google Voice is excellent.

You even have the option to forward it to voicemail automatically during non-business hours. Just a word of warning - make sure you pay attention to the non-business hours forwarding to voicemail. I realized this past summer that after a week of getting no calls, somehow that setting was made manual, instead of automatically returning to letting the calls ring through.

-Robert
Revel Rob
View Profile
New user
Toronto
50 Posts

Profile of Revel Rob
Voip.ms is incredible!
it is a voip phone service that is ridiculously cheap and provides all of the bells and whistles that professional businesses use.
I have a toll free vanity number for all of North America 1 (888) REVEL-88. Paid $25 for it once, $0.99 per number purchased per month.
When you call it, my voice prompts you immediately with an option menu (for info, press 1. to talk to me, press 2, leave a voicemail, press 3, etc.)
Voicemails get sent to my email as an attachment.
Payment is per minute (from $0.0052 to $0.01 per minute for North America).
If someone calls me and chooses the option to speak directly to me, it plays some hold music while it rings as many numbers as I want it to at the same time. I have it ring my voip landline phone, cell phone and voip app on my iphone (accrobits) simultaneously.
Their support is incredible.
Seriously, it's just crazy amazing. So many things you can do with it. You can even set everything up without paying a penny and then if you want to commit, you do it.
Try calling my number as an example. Don't worry, it won't ring me unless you choose the option.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Other number phone service that rolls over your phone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL