The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Conversation with Mindreaders: Best Interview (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I am almost done with conversations with mindreaders. Would anyone like to start a thread on the best interview and why?

:kitty:
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
Each and everyone of those interviews have something worth learning on the different aspects of mentalism.

I don't think I could name one single best interview, since I've learned so much stuff with all these gentlemen who shared with us a bit of their minds.

I could say how much I learned with Anton Zellman and Steve Cohen in the marketing area, or with John Riggs in the readings area, or Alain Bellon and his wonderful thoughts on billets, but this will be redundant. There is much to learn on all those interviews. They all shared many things about their character, their believes, the way they perform, the way they are in real life.

Hear them all. They are talking about what they do best---reading minds Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Have to agree that it's tough to pick one best. Part of the fun is comparing the different answers given by different mentalists to the same question.

I also think this series is the kind of thing where something new is going to pop out at you each time you listen, depending on what your current interests and concerns in mentalism are. There is tremendous power in having all this material in one place.

Jack Shalom
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
For those that have heard it, what did you think of Greg Edmonds' interview?
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
I've only got thru a bit of it. That's because I kept replaying Bernstein's. That interview gave a lot to digest and think about. And the guy is brilliant!
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
Is this a series of audio tapes/ CD's?

Where is it available from?

Thanks.

ric
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I think the "best" will be determined by what you get from it. I was originally disappointed at the questions being all the same, because I wanted to ask different people different things! <grin> But the information that Ben got from these people is absolutely great.

I can honestly say that I got at least(!) one good idea from each person, and the real good ones gave me three or four things to ponder, while re-doing my act(s)...easily the best investment in ten years!

Lee
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
Can someone list Mind Readers that are conversed with?
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Go to the website listed above.

Standouts: Banachek, Ted Karmilovich, Tony Razzano
Honorable mention: Anton Zellman, Kenton Knepper, Bruce Bernstein
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
I was pleasantly surprised by John Riggs' interview! Extremely informative!

Rudy
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Karmilovich's interview is the best for me so far...He talks about some of the stuff in the upcoming book that is just awesome.

Each interview gives you at least one great idea/technique/inspiration...

Great stuff!

Paul h.

ps....also talked with Ted Karmilovich via email, and he says "the book" should be done by this fall! Lets hope!

Best Regards,

Paul h.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-17 20:36, Paul h. wrote:

ps....also talked with Ted Karmilovich via email, and he says "the book" should be done by this fall! Lets hope!

Best Regards,

Paul h.

SAY IT IS SO PAUL! Smile
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
For those of you who do not yet have your set. Ben has been listing the MP3 sets on Ebay with a reserve far below his regular asking price. They seem to appear every couple weeks or so. I was lucky enough to get my set from him this way and can tell you they are worth every cent he his asking no matter what price you pay.

I have to agree that to a pick a favorite would be very difficult as each of the working pros offers a wealth of information from each listening.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Scott B.,

Lets hope that he follows through with finishing this...I can't even fathom how cool it will be to learn his hidden treasures.

He talks about one in Conversations with Mindreaders that is very cool...a pre-show idea. He said there will be an entire section on how to go about using preshow etc.

He made for a great interview...lets hope the book has as many great examples of his fantastic stage performance.

Best,

Paul h.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
If you get anymore updates on the book that you can tell please post it or pm me!
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
He said he would "let me know" when the time came...

Maybe I will be put on his emailing list. I will find out and try him again in a month or so.

Best,

Paul h.

Update: July 18 2005

Just got another email from Ted Karmilovich.

He is going to include an unpublished handling of the Mother that he spoke of in Conversations with Mindreaders. I can not wait!

For those who have the interview, you know what I am talking about.

This is going to be THE BOOK if it is ever finished.

Best,

Paul h.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
I loved the Andy Nyman interview
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
I enjoyed all the conversations apart from one, and that was Marc Salem, he just sounded totally pi$$ed off and was totally boring and negative, "I don't do this, I don't do that", "I don't perform impromptu" he was hard work being interviewed, I felt for Ben, if he didn't want to take part he shouldnt have bothered, and just stuck to what he does best, its a shame he sounded so negative as everyone else has nothing but praise for him.
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
On the website, the claim is repeatedly made that the set is very limited and only 500 have been "printed." Yet one may choose between standard digital audio CDs or a single CD with MP3 files....

Also, we are told that this set will never be made available to the general public, not even through magic dealers...yet Ben puts these puppies up regularly on eBay?

Not making any comments about the value of the material here, but the marketing seems a little less than honest, imho.

--Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Conversation with Mindreaders: Best Interview (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL