The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Jerry's Nugget Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-05-01 12:00, Firedice27 wrote:
From what I hear Dave, is that they are allegedly wicked durrable and have a certain "snap" to them that other cards don't. Still, I don't care if the things will get up in the morning and make me coffee, I wouldn't pay that much for them!

No they don't, my friend showed me one of those decks the other day and I think I would rather be riding my bikes.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Hmmm... I suspected as much. Maybe it's all hype.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Well, the end must be near. People have taken leave of their senses. Two decks are for sale on eBay and the bidding is now over $125 - for 2 decks of cards! This is sheer lunacy.

Gianni
lordi
View Profile
New user
Greece
1 Post

Profile of lordi
Golden Nuggets Has anything to do with Jerry's Nuggets as far as handling and quality are concerned?!
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Yes, they are near the same quality as Jerry's, but Golden's are a bit thinner than Jerry's.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Michael Weber and Lee Asher own most of the remaining decks, and unfortunately will not sell them. I know both of them, and pretty much begged to buy one. No success.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I have a set in my collection. I only use them when showing off for "The Boys" in sessions and such.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
You actually USE them? Smile

I kid, I kid! But on a serious note, I hope youj take good care of them! They are quite valuable nowadays. I have seen single dekcs sold for over $200.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
This is one of those great transitional period posts that start off by people thinking that $25 is completely unreasonable for a deck of ugly cards and end with people (like me sadly) with a mad look of desperation in their eyes. You can see the cards go from being fair to being priceless antiques.

Fun reading. I saw a similar thread on Stud cards where they go from being cheap and unpopular to being the best cards that were ever made. And very expensive. People are even buying cancelled Golden Nuggets cards now with holes stamped through them.

It's not my business but I hope the Nugget owners (and Stud and Tahoe owners) here use their stashes of these cards to perform wonderful magic for years to come rather than to sell them to profeteer on the mass hysteria.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
200 bucks is too much for any deck of cards period, Unless you are a collector, I don't care what the deck can do, It could have frigen lasers attached to it's frigen head and it would not make a difference.
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 10:40, Ryan clark wrote:
200 bucks is too much for any deck of cards period, Unless you are a collector, I don't care what the deck can do, It could have frigen lasers attached to it's frigen head and it would not make a difference.

That's just it though. Nuggest now are just for collecting. There really is nothing special about them or their quality, it is just that they are not being made any more.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Yeah, I too saw the E-bay listing for over 130.00. Wow. I just can't belive they are that high now. I personaly never heard of them until the buck twins started featuring them in their videos and performances. that's when it seems, To me at least, That they really took off.

Its the same thing with E's Black ghost deck. These things go for unreal prices too. Never figured this one out though. E "supposedly" only had 250 decks of these made and I always wondered why they would make such a short run of a style that probably would have been popular and thus a good seller. I wish they would do another run and sell 'em. I always did like this look.

Anyway I'm afraid both of these are to rich for my blood. I'm not much of a collector though.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
When is Lee Asher going to start selling Jerry's?

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 04:27, Doug Lippert wrote:
When is Lee Asher going to start selling Jerry's?

Best,

Doug L.

Soon. That's all anyone knows (apart from him)
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Lee Asher messaged me and told me he is finalizing things.

Can't wait! Jerry's Nuggets..

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Didn't know about any reappearing Jerry's Nuggets. Cool! And here I just got my order of six dozen other cards yesterday! Smile
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
redeagle
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
147 Posts

Profile of redeagle
I actually would recommend to anybody NOT to use these $130 decks, sell them for a huge profit, and buy about 30x as many other very good decks to practice skills and do lots of magic with nice, fresh decks. As a collector, sure keep some. As an "investor/collector" sure, stockpile them. As a magician, tell me how nicely your gigs pay off if every show you kill off a $130 deck?
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Redeagle, I agree with you. Not that I would buy and resell cards to make a profit myself. I just wouldn't buy them to begin with if they had insane prices.

Actually, when I first read the news about Asher and the Jerrys, I misunderstood and thought he was reprinting them and selling them like "normal" cards. I have now read his info web page on these cards, which is excellent by the way, and understand that they will never be remade.

I can't imagine that these decks will go for any sum that I would be neither willing nor able to cough up. However, people certainly have my blessing to do what they want with their own money. Smile
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Its interesting to look back thru this thread and see they were once 35-40 bucks on ebay, and now they are going for hundreds. Dan and dave made these popular in the xcm crowd.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I've spent more on works of art... if you view it you that, it's not much.

I had a very gracious house guest, a member of this Café, who not only showed me some great magic but brought me a deck of Jerry's as a gift. I don't use them, and I don't display them, but every time I look at them I think about all the nice people I've met, and nice things I've experienced, through magic.

A bunch of posters here have been kind enough to give me a place to crash, introduce me to friends (and my ex-girlfriend!), and help me with my work. So, I look at my deck as a piece of art that inspires me and reminds me why I love magic so much.

Ben "sappy-'cause-it's-valentines-day" Train
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Jerry's Nugget Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL