The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Outdoor Christmas lights in seconds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
With Christmas right around the corner I'd thought I would share this. I was watching a late night infomercial and saw a product that used laser lights as a projector for Christmas lights. The idea intrigued me enough to do an internet search where I found this. http://www.laserchristmaslights.com/#!gallery/c66t Being a Christmas nut myself I ordered one of these and anxiously awaited it's arrival. The night I received the unit I stuck it in the ground at the base of my 30 ft. maple tree, pointed the light straight up into the tree, plugged it in and turned it on. The results were stunning. The entire tree instantly filled with red, blue and green lights all the way to the top. It looked far better than anything I could have done by hand and literally took seconds.

There are a few companies that make cheaper versions of these but youtube comparisons show them to be inferior to this one.

BTW, I have no affiliation with this company, just passing along information on a product that delivers on it's promise. I've ordered 2 more!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It's one more option. Thanks for the review. I'd be concerned that the vandals would also find it just as easy to pull out of the ground and run off with. But I am tempted to try it in my BACKyard, where is would be less tempting to thievery.

What colors did you get?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Looks like they're sold out. But more product looks to be released in the next week or so.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have a tiny indoor one and it is lovely. But that big outdoor one - I want it!
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
It's one more option. Thanks for the review. I'd be concerned that the vandals would also find it just as easy to pull out of the ground and run off with. But I am tempted to try it in my BACKyard, where is would be less tempting to thievery.

What colors did you get?

Security could be a problem but at night you can't really see the little projector, all you see is a tree full of lights. With a little planning I think I can make it pretty unnoticeable.
The maple tree I mentioned IS in my backyard. It is right next to my patio. One of the lights will stay there year round. The blue and green lights look awesome shining down on the brickwork.. Added bonus, when the wind blows the lights seem to move and twinkle.

Funny story. The ad says "don't be surprised if you get knocks on your door asking how you did that".

A few days after I put mine on the backyard maple tree, my neighbor from across the street stopped me as I was cutting grass. The night before, he had noticed the lights high in the tree top in my backyard. He came across the street to get a better look and was blown away by the amount of lights and how high they were. He came over that following day to compliment me on the job I had done. He asked me how long that took to do. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him "about 30 seconds". Smile

I have the blue/green/red combo. It comes with a remote that allows you to do single colors or any combination of the 3, either flashing or constant. The remote also has a timer that turns the light off after 2,4 or 6 hrs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Outdoor Christmas lights in seconds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL