The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Anyone Know What Happened To Fredi-up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
508 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Does anyone know what happened to the company that was making Fredi-Up Thumb Tips? Their website says they're down for maintenance...but all the products are still shown. The thing is...they've been down for maintenance at least a couple of years now. Apparently they're still paying for the domain, as the site is still up - just not functional as a shop.
Just curious as to what happened.
Also, I like my Fredi-Up thumb tips. The earlier models faded in color and the shine on the nail came off; but they improved them and the last one I bought, (probably give or six years ago now), I love. Was thinking if they're out of business for good, I'd like to get a backup or two. Anyone know of any magic shops, (particularly in the U.S.), that still have some in stock to sell?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22859 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did you do as the site suggested and email contact@magic-frediup.com to see if you get a response.

This looks like it was a free website, because of the additional ad which has nothing to do with magic.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Hey Bendy -

I have also been monitoring the Fredi-Up Thumb Tips site for sometime now waiting for the "maintenance" to be finished. All emails I have sent have gone unanswered so I'm not sure what is going on there. I think it has been more than a couple of years now since it went dormant. Reading your post and thinking about it, I would almost bet that you purchased one of the last ones anyone knows of being sold. It's a great product, and I wish it were still available for purchase, but until then.... I guess we'll just have to continue monitoring the site and wait to see what happens.
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Http://www.hottrix.com/html/TUsoft.shtml HotTrix claim to sell TT's so realistic you can shake hands & not be called on them Smile
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I own both and I can say for a fact... Thumbs-up tips are pretty nice but they don't come anywhere near close to the realism of the Fredi-Up tips.
I sure wish they were still in business... does anyone happen to have good contact information for the owner ?
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Fredi-Up appear to be available from MagicNevin in the UK.

http://www.magicnevin.com/products/Pale-Caucasian
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2015, Stu Montgomery wrote:
Fredi-Up appear to be available from MagicNevin in the UK.

http://www.magicnevin.com/products/Pale-Caucasian

Only available in XXXL and XXS... those will only fit my pinky finger or my big toe Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Anyone Know What Happened To Fredi-up? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL