The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUC - Sight Unseen Case (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Hey gang,

Many of you already know this, but I will go ahead and make the official announcement anyway. After about 12 years of being out of production and completely unavailable, I am beyond merely pleased to officially announce that the legendary Sight Unseen Case (aka SUC) is finally being rereleased. I am currently taking preorders at a very special package price, but you MUST contact me directly at my email (addy is in this window at the bottom) and I will add you to my email list and email you complete information. You are more than welcome to try and PM me here but for some reason there appear to be problems with my PM box that I cannot seem to fix, so direct email is by far the best route to go. The cases are being made even as I write these words. I should have them in hand sometime around mid-December or so and will be shipping them out in the order that orders are received. There is already a hefty list of those who have reserved their SUC's, so if you want to get yours just that much sooner I would send me a note immediately and get on the list. Otherwise it could easily be after the first of the year or later before you will be able to get your hands on "One of the top-ten devices EVER created for the working mentalist" (Docc Hilford) and "...one of the very few devices I carry with me everywhere I go. And it's one of the essential gimmicks I recommend to all Mentalists" (Bob Cassidy) and "...simply the best. It has been with me on a daily basis. It has never left my side and never will" (Garrett Thomas) and "For walk-around there not a more well designed tool. It is the ultimate wallet to use in combination with pocket writing"(Banachek). Send me a note right now so that we can get you set up. Hope to hear from YOU!

Mark Strivings
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
803 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Even though my original looks like it is brand new, I just ordered the full package. Can't wait to see the second version and the new booklet.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

The issues with my PM box have been resolved so please feel free to PM me here if you'd like. Although it is still best to email me directly. My email addy is in this same window in yellow. Thanks!

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
What is the "package price" ?

Matthew
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9555 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I would imagine that what the email address is required for.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2015, MatthewSims wrote:

Matthew

Without having seen the new wallet I would guess a rrp of around $39.99 +p&p for the package. That's based on my past experience as a dealer. I might be wrong.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
T.G. Jones - you're not related to Jamie Ferguson by any chance are you?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:

Matthew

Without having seen the new wallet I would guess a rrp of around $39.99 +p&p for the package. That's based on my past experience as a dealer. I might be wrong.

Probably be more than that. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9555 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Lol
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, IAIN wrote:
T.G. Jones - you're not related to Jamie Ferguson by any chance are you?

I don't think so. Who is he?
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Since I've never been a dealer and I've always been a buyer, I'd say that T.G. doesn't have a clue.

My guess is $120 for the package.

Don't forget that the package includes 2 different SUC's, routines, and an extra routine that you can't get any other way.

For $40?
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
$120 sounds toppy for a wallet with a ****.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
The SUC is not an amateur device and has been unavailable and legendary and desirable for quite some time.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:

Matthew

You was a dealer? Why didn't you say so before😜
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Because he's very modest, Sean.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:
The SUC is not an amateur device and has been unavailable and legendary and desirable for quite some time.

It's been added to many wallets available over recent years e.g. Assassin, Aleph, Undercover, even the JOL etc... so hardly unavailable. That's why I suggested the price point I did. Supply outstrips demand, pushing the price down.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
How do you know, T.G.?

Do you own an SUC, and an Assassin, and an Aleph, etc, etc?

I know that you don't own an SUC, simply because you think the complete package should retail for $39.99 (Plus shipping and handling).

And if they're all the same, how come you're not angry at the others for stealing from the original?

I've seen many of your posts where you just can't stop piling on the criticism of any effect that has "stolen" from the original.

As far as I know, the SUC came before those others.

And when I said it has been unavailable, I was referring to the SUC, not all of the other ones.

But I could be wrong- I'm not a student of the History of Magic Effects.

And I'm not an ex-dealer.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I've handled all of the above wallets, so yes I know. Most have permission to use the SUC feature however I know there was an issue around the Aleph upon release. The price point I suggest is simply down to the fact that many more versions of the SUC exist, most with additional features.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9555 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Somebody is way off or things have changed significantly. A single SUC used to be abound $125 and that was a dozen years ago for a single unit. No package, no extras, etc. I spoken to Mark about his many times before and he is an absolute stickler on it being quality and finding the best manufacturer for this, I'd expect it to be a premium device at a premium price. We must also remember that is not a wallet.

Also as far as I knew, many were not made with consent or permission of Mark.

A true SUC has not been available for anyone in many years. Even having the feature is far from the actual thing.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Gee, an awful lot of speculation around these parts, eh? While I won't go into specifics here, suffice to say there are some who don't have much of an idea of which they speak. If you want the actual story it would be best to come to the source. If you are truly interested feel free to drop me a direct email (addy is below) with your direct email and I will gladly email the entire scoop to you. Hope to hear from you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUC - Sight Unseen Case (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL