The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Krampusnacht by Lebanon Circle (88 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
959 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Ha, ha,....I thought I was done with purchases for 2015....Not!....one look at the Kr@mp@snacht video (and being a long time well-satisfied and gratified customer of Dan B and LebCirc)...I quickly "re-jiggered" my budget to allow Santa to send this "good boy" an early Christmas gift!

Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
Such a fun version looks beautiful Dan. I don't like doing performances with real dead people it seems somehow a little disrespectful. There are not too many good Christmas tricks out there I think I may need to take the plunge into Santa's sack.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
767 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
I don't like doing performances with real dead people it seems somehow a little disrespectful.

I understand how you feel but have to disagree - I believe that if you handle the performance with reverence and sensitivity that you can in fact honor the dead and perhaps breathe a little life into their legend so that they may live on, at least in a magical story and performance.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
"They say you die twice. Once when you stop breathing and the second, a bit later on, when somebody mentions your name for the last time."-maybe Banksy?
So do talk about the dead...it is all they have!
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
Unless that was your great grandmother. You are right, it's all good I guess in the name of entertainment. But It's still showing pictures of them slashed up how do you honor that exactly?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
Unless that was your great grandmother. You are right, it's all good I guess in the name of entertainment. But It's still showing pictures of them slashed up how do you honor that exactly?

Agreed! For ME... You never should entertain with the audiences own dead unless you make it certain you are lying for theatrical purposes.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
767 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
You honor them by presenting the cards as I said, with reverence and sensitivity, you can come up with your own script. I don't show the cards for shock value - they are simply evidence photos which evoke a strong connection in some people to the spirits of the victims.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
I agree with Eddie Garland... What a wonderful OOTW concept! I have already contacted Dan and asked to be placed on a list for the next batch. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the next run, so I have the money stashed in my stocking with care, in the hopes the Krampus doesn't take it before I can buy Krampusnacht from Dan and Lebanon Circle!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
916 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Wave 2 is fully reserved! If you're on the list make sure you're quick to order. I will send a notificiation e-mail out to the reserve list only.

Exciting time!

Darkly

Dan
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Will there be a wave 3 for the public?
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I responded for the second wave. When will notice go out?
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of topherhester
This is frustrating. I didn't see any post saying the next batch had to be reserved. I've been refreshing the Lebanon Circle site multiple times a day to see when it's back in stock and then I came back here to see the second wave had been spoken for already? Is this list based on PM's or replies to this thread? I was the first to post after it was sold out stating I would like to have one out of the first for the next wave. Was just under the impression that it would show back up on stock. Can I get a confirmation if I'm on this list or was there something somewhere else I should have responded to?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@topherhester
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of topherhester
That would have been good to know. I had no idea. I hope I don't miss out on this before X-mas now.. This will be twice I've missed it...
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
959 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Did you email Dan or send a pm at any point? That's the fastest and easiest most direct way to have made your request.
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of topherhester
No. I just posted that I wanted to be in the next wave in this thread. Didn't know about the newsletter at all. I thought there would either be an update posted here or the website would show in stock.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1293 Posts

Profile of reese
Sorry to be a naysayer. I find this to be a very expensive out to lunch effect. I admire the imagination behind it. Not enough to justify the price. M.O.P.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1331 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
It all depends on how much use you will get out of something in my case this fits well, and it's within my budget, in the case of say the coin effect Three fly ( I know they are pretty) but the price doesn't merit them for me as I would never use them
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, reese wrote:
Sorry to be a naysayer. I find this to be a very expensive out to lunch effect. I admire the imagination behind it. Not enough to justify the price. M.O.P.

I find it difficult to judge without having seen first hand the quality of the props. I'm sure Dan could have produced this with thinner cards, poorer illustrations etc, and sold it at a lower price point. I'm glad he didn't.

However, I agree with Vlad. The real value for me is how much I will perform it, how well it fits into my performances, and the effect it will have on my audiences. Hopefully *they* won't be thinking that it's just an out to lunch effect.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
916 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, topherhester wrote:
No. I just posted that I wanted to be in the next wave in this thread. Didn't know about the newsletter at all. I thought there would either be an update posted here or the website would show in stock.

If you want to know about any release before anyone then you need to sign up to the newsletter, the Café is always the last port of call. I answer Café PM about once a month as they are bottom of my to do list - direct e-mail is the way to get me.

Regarding price issues, you get what you pay for and yes, it could be done cheaper but your reputation as a performer is as important to me as it is to you. Performing an effect no matter how quick or basic should look as good as possible and that's what I provide for the discerning magician.

There is also a gift in each box to ensure a good start to 2016, look out for wave 3 in about 2 weeks.

Darkly

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Krampusnacht by Lebanon Circle (88 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL