We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Entering/Starting a Parlor Show (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
It may have been a great way to start a show at the Castle for the Castle audience. But that is much different than in real world performing environments. I could also see it working against the performer as well, not to mention some in the audience or the buyer being less than thrilled with such an approach.

Rob Zabrecky is a highly intelligent, world class entertainer...pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9378 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Of course he is but that was not at all the point I was making. Real world shows for paying and expecting clients and atmosphere's can be quite different than a Castle audience/venue.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
And one would think that he's talented enough to make a choice that suits his act and character. Each venue and show is different and it's wise to have a good amount of info about this before even arriving. Still, we've all been booked for shows that require us making changes based on what we find when we arrive at the show. Sound, staging, audience condition, numbers, public v. private and so much more enter into these decisions. Sometimes you arrive and just know what will work or not work. This included your intro as well as the material that end up performing and how.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Entering/Starting a Parlor Show (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL