The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Have you seen Sync? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
So, I got this and although I find it very interesting and, as all of Fraser's works I had the pleasure of reading, extremely clever, I prefer Ouija over Sync.

I respectfully disagree with Pablo when he says Sync is more direct. The spectator "never saying a word" is kind of true, but I don't feel that point in particular makes the effect stronger. And the process in Sync is longer than Ouija, although it is still pretty fast.

So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija Smile
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
I think that a logical person would figure out this method, no? The spectator may not know exactly what is going on, but there is a process...and it can be "backtracked" in the mind...no?

Kevin
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
I think that a logical person would figure out this method, no? The spectator may not know exactly what is going on, but there is a process...and it can be "backtracked" in the mind...no?

Kevin

Well... Yes, I guess everything can be backtracked, but Sync is VERY deceptive when presented properly and I don't think that it can EASILY be backtracked.
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Not sure if using electronics to perform certain effects can be backtracked, but your point is taken in that this is not easily backtracked. Thanks!

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, Adrien Lochon wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:

Kevin

Well... Yes, I guess everything can be backtracked, but Sync is VERY deceptive when presented properly and I don't think that it can EASILY be backtracked.
TheGentlemanMindReader
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of TheGentlemanMindReader
Quote:
I prefer Ouija over Sync...So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija Smile

Would Sync be similar to Ouija in the aspect which you will be correct about the name the vast majority of the time with some misses?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
~Ernest Hemingway
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Hi Alex,

I noticed that in some of your reviews, you state that YOU will be using the reviewed item in your own show. In this particular case, you are shying away from using Sync in your own shows. Is there a reason why you will not be using this in your shows?

Kevin

Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I just received Fraser's latest offering called Sync, in being able to billetlessly and without any props, reveal the name of someone that they are merely thinking of.

After reading this, it reminds me of the Ouija origins, and how it all came together quite nicely, as well as traces of False Messiah thinking spread out as well.

This is definately worth taking a look at, if you enjoy Fraser's line of thinking, or have ever wanted to reveal billetlessly a person's name or place they had in mind.

If you bought Ouija or False Messiah in the past, this is a great addition to that, because it adds a layer of deception without the spectator having to say a single word.

This is thought provoking work that will "sync" into your performance, once you gain the basic idea and grasp the thinking behind this.

This is something that you can do anytime, anywhere, and blow some minds.

This does take some practice, so don't expect to be able to do this right away, especially if you have never read any of Fraser's work. If you have, and you know the way he thinks, then you will be able to pick this up in no time, and be up and running to the races.

All in all, this is a great tool to have and use at your disposal, and something that future performers can take advantage of.

Thanks Fraser

Alex Alejandro
pcrpttc
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of pcrpttc
This stuff look great!
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Quote:
So, I got this and although I find it very interesting and, as all of Fraser's works I had the pleasure of reading, extremely clever, I prefer Ouija over Sync.

I respectfully disagree with Pablo when he says Sync is more direct. The spectator "never saying a word" is kind of true, but I don't feel that point in particular makes the effect stronger. And the process in Sync is longer than Ouija, although it is still pretty fast.

So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija Smile

This is upsetting. I was tempted to get it with the false messiah bundle but it's still way too expensive in my opinion. I've never particularly loved the ouija method, what you wrote here convinces me to let it go I guess..
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, TheGentlemanMindReader wrote:
Would Sync be similar to Ouija in the aspect which you will be correct about the name the vast majority of the time with some misses?

Yes, but with Sync you can have even less misses... In fact, you can make it 100%, but the process will be longer...
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Heka Siosiri wrote:
Quote:

This is upsetting. I was tempted to get it with the false messiah bundle but it's still way too expensive in my opinion. I've never particularly loved the ouija method, what you wrote here convinces me to let it go I guess..

Don't get me wrong: Sync is a great way to divine a thought of name... But for me, Ouija is even better.

I bought Sync and I would buy it again: it has some very good ideas and actually I'm already thinking about how I can use the core principle in different ways.

I would love to get False Messiah, but it is way out of my limited budget Smile
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
I prefer the feel to the name guess in False Messiah, however Sync is perfect in terms of its simplicity and is a better method for divining any word thought of completely prop-less.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I recently purchased Sync. I finally had a chance to read it, and field test it a little. Granted I've only done it a handful of times, but it went over smooth and with great reactions. I love peopless Mentalism, and this is a HUGE step forward in the area of propless mindreading. I recommend it to everyone interested in this type of plot. Fraser is a sharp kid with a bright future. I look forward to more of his work. I look forward to adding Sync as a regular, in my reprertore of anytime anywhere Mentalism performances.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I have to admit I was a bit sceptical after reading and re-reading this, and then going over it in my head for a week. But first time out of the box it worked. You wouldn't think something so simple in theory could work so elegantly, but it did. Now I admit that this first time and the next few times I'll be sticking to star signs, but I can see me using this for names and cities as well. Really great premise that deserves some time and thinking..... Not sure if I want too many people to know about it though.....
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Your quote below says better method. BUT...your ad copy says perfect method. Is the ad copy accurate that this is the absolute perfect method?

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:
I prefer the feel to the name guess in False Messiah, however Sync is perfect in terms of its simplicity and is a better method for divining any word thought of completely prop-less.
Prometheus
View Profile
Special user
Europe
523 Posts

Profile of Prometheus
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
Your quote below says better method. BUT...your ad copy says perfect method. Is the ad copy accurate that this is the absolute perfect method?

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:

Is this a serious question?
-

Prometheus
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
909 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
What would be better for guessing a single digit number, this or Ross's ''Abyss'' ?
Reader discretion is advised.
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
With Ross' method the spectator has to name multiple letters. Sync allows you to do this without the spectator saying a anything.
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
The method seems like the same one in false messiah.
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
This is NOT the same method as False Messiah but is a nice additional technique to add to your arsenal of prop-less mentalism.
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:
What would be better for guessing a single digit number, this or Ross's ''Abyss'' ?

In my opinion Abyss would be better for 1 on 1 situations and even small groups and Sync would be better for a stage effect.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Have you seen Sync? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL