The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..29~30~31 [Next]
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Got to be Talisker for me old chum.

Even managed to pay a rather blurry visit to the distillery on Skye back in the day.

Best post ever. Obviously. Is there any other Whisky than Talisker?

Off-Topic ;-): Maybe this has already been asked, but I didn't find it by lookign through the pages (again, sorry if I overlooked it). Will TH2 be an upgrade or a new book? And adding on to that, will it grant Access to the fb Group as well? I am still "sad" (kinda) that I bought it through penguin, and as far as I know, you (Michael) have no way to verify the purchase.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
RealityRocks, Michael has always gone above and beyond for me customer service wise. Might be worth a PM if you're interested in the facebook group. =)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, RealityRocks wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Got to be Talisker for me old chum.

Even managed to pay a rather blurry visit to the distillery on Skye back in the day.

Best post ever. Obviously. Is there any other Whisky than Talisker?

Off-Topic ;-): Maybe this has already been asked, but I didn't find it by lookign through the pages (again, sorry if I overlooked it). Will TH2 be an upgrade or a new book? And adding on to that, will it grant Access to the fb Group as well? I am still "sad" (kinda) that I bought it through penguin, and as far as I know, you (Michael) have no way to verify the purchase.

As I understand it, TH2 is a stand alone book with different ideas and principles based around the original methodology. Purchase from Michael should give you access to the Facebook group. There has been done good stuff shared on the group that takes the idea further.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:

As I understand it, TH2 is a stand alone book with different ideas and principles based around the original methodology. Purchase from Michael should give you access to the Facebook group. There has been done good stuff shared on the group that takes the idea further.

From what I gathered from the responce he gave me, there will be a TH2 stand alone and a TH/TH2 version that will give get you into the facebook group since you can only get it from him.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Karl M wrote:
No mate he was being patronising like what you always are to me, totally rude all the time jog on

No Karl I was trying to be helpful. If I were to be "patronising" I would be patronizing. No that is not making fun of any learning disabilities, that is just right clicking on the word to fix the spelling. Also you know some of us Americans know the do one mate and jog off are slang for telling someone to F-off right?
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Patronising is English spelling of course ha, I don't swear so don't put words in my mouth mate yeah, do one means go away not what you say move on
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
I think TH is just incredibly clever and elegantly simple, but I'm still a little wary about using it in anything other than an impromptu setting. My hang-up, I think, is my worry that doing a "which hand" effect for a large group in a parlor or stage setting will come across as too simplistic. After all, it's only a 50-50 situation, right? It's my hang-up, I know, because there are probably many out there who could hold a thousand people captivated with this. Any suggestions for how to most effectively routine this for a larger presentation so it is interesting and engaging? Any links to presentations you've seen that you feel are really great? Again, TH has been a wonderful effect for me in impromptu settings. I'm just unsure how to build a more "formal" presentation around a "which hand" effect.

Thanks everyone and anyone, for your help.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
BAGWIZ - I'd highly recommend picking up TH2 (once it's released) if you're looking for more routining ideas using the core principle. I believe my contribution "Pass the Tequila" will be of interest to you. I use it in most of my stage shows. Apart from that I'm expecting there to be A LOT more ideas that would fit the bill you're looking for.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:
BAGWIZ - I'd highly recommend picking up TH2 (once it's released) if you're looking for more routining ideas using the core principle. I believe my contribution "Pass the Tequila" will be of interest to you. I use it in most of my stage shows. Apart from that I'm expecting there to be A LOT more ideas that would fit the bill you're looking for.

Thanks Drew, I really appreciate it. Just read through the TH manuscript again and I'm thinking about trying the four spectator version. I've also got some ideas about how I might build this into a larger routine around something like "Bank Nite." There are lots of possibilities and I just have to be willing to give TH a shot.
n361128
View Profile
New user
Lytham
85 Posts

Profile of n361128
Blows people away - especially if you do it with 2 or 3 people - I still cant believe it works
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Still wondering when TH 2 will be released?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Whisky mate, as soon as gets my benefits I celebrate with a bottle of the cheap one from aldi, sinks nicely, that and magic is my favourite stuff to buy

Good to see my hard earned taxes paying for your hobbies and drinking.

mate if your unhappy about the benefit system then vote for someone else but now go away until youve got something useful to add ok, I buiy what I want with my money and nothing to do with you mate

Actually Karl m you buy what you want with other people's money if you are on benefits. So it does have something to do with him.

Not my money though I'm in the US. Enough folks here using my money for magic and whiskey.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
It's crazy a lot of you are saying you did it for your wife and kids - typical "which hand" routines work "better" on strangers for maximum impact (as is mentalism by nature) so I am very intrigued.

I've been playing with the Other Brothers "Hands Down" but that routine does not work as well for repetitive performances or family members.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Now that TH DELUXE is out do we have to buy it again? Is it different?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, John C wrote:

I bought my original TH from Penguin. Penguin gave access to TH Deluxe to me for free.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Could you tell us what's the difference? Thank you!

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

I bought my original TH from Penguin. Penguin gave access to TH Deluxe to me for free.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, Adrien Lochon wrote:
Could you tell us what's the difference? Thank you!

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

There's iirc 2 additional handling tips from Peter Turner. He also explains why one of the alternative presentations in the manuscript is used and how it's a mnemonic device (I didn't realized that that was what it was acting as and just thought it was something which was simply more relatable to the audience).

The real meat of it is the video instructions you get with it. The videos (there are two of them) are very very very good.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Penquin sent me the tequila deluxe package also today.
There the best.Ill watch it tonight.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Is it possible to buy videos only for those who already have it and didn't get it from Penguin? Thanks.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
You can buy the deluxe package from penquin.
If that is what your asking
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh, I didn't buy mine from penguin. I'll have to do without the bonus. Just as good. How much better could it have got anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL