The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..29~30~31 [Next]
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2016, depeka wrote:
How long is the playtime from the Video of the Deluxe Version? Is it a short one, basic phase from the script or a long detailed explanation with the bonus routines from the script?

Mark's main video = 35 minutes
Peter's TH tips = 9 minutes

Neither fully covers all the material found in the book.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I recommend the book, more complete, and let you come up with your own style, a video may somehow influence your presentation
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I'm still a little confused. Are TH2 and the Deluxe version different? If so, in what ways? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Afal
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Afal
A summary from what I gather is as follows:

TH (on MindFX) - You get TH (booklet/pdf) and access to the secret facebook group for presentation ideas from other people who have bought the booklet off MindFX.
TH DELUXE (on Penguin) - Videos explaining the effect. People who bought the TH PDF on penguin prior to the DELUXE update got these videos. You do not get the PDF (which goes in more detail) with the DELUXE version now.
TH2 - A completely new release on MindFX that isn't out yet. Supposedly there will be two versions, one combining the content of TH and TH2, and a version for those who already own TH.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
If TH DELUXE (from Penguin) does not include the book, I would not recommend purchasing it. Unless you plan on buying the complete TH/TH2 book once released anyway.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Tequila Hustler is incredibly delightful. Any performer with even a modicum of showmanship should really be able to play this up strongly.

If you're on the fence about purchasing and are unfamiliar with TH, go ahead and treat yourself - life is short and this is too good to miss out on!

I assure you it is worth every cent.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sure is and I can't wait till TH2 comes out.
Soon I hope.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Although not all of the contributions have been received, I will be working to get everything received so far formatted so that the remaining content will be quicker to complete!

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2016, celebrity wrote:
Although not all of the contributions have been received, I will be working to get everything received so far formatted so that the remaining content will be quicker to complete!

Best Wishes Michael Smile

Smile Seems like this will be a Christmas release ?
Smile
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Patience........ it is well worth waiting for!!
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I haven't tried it yet, but this is how I'm thinking of performing TH. Let me know what you think.

Instead of using right hand/left hand, I'm going to use "odd" for the left hand and "even" for the right hand. They can do the second step in their mind before answering. Once I know whether their answer would be odd or even, instead of revealing it, I could then perform "Mental Yarn", by asking them to think of a number from 1-10. And tell them they should pick a number according to whether they are thinking odd or even. The best way to perform this routine is to "memorize" Mental Yarn instead of showing the cards.

What do you think?
Loreen

"Hindsight corrects the mistakes that foresight could have prevented"
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
My opinion would be to keep it simple, adding too many layers and effects can confuse the spectator imho
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Much prefer hands down to this as no matter how much you audience manage this the spectators sometimes make a mistake or the whole liar truth teller business . Hands down its fail safe and and makes much clearer sense and is equally well layered . Add Think Pinks centre or a great peek and you have a miracle IMO
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Thanks Tarik. I didn't think it had too many layers. This routine would be used if they wanted me to "do it again". I would be "doing it again" and taking it to a new level, but it will seem like a new effect to them. I don't think they would be confused because they are looking for "magic". At the end I will also tell them, "By they way you were thinking "odd/even", whichever the case may be.
Loreen

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lbuford , don't get me wrong I like Tequilla Hustler but I have scan 3D by Promystic which I personally think is the best but if you want something without electronics and impromptu I personally prefer hands down as it is very direct and very deceptive and has mutiple handles to suit everyone and very simple for the lay man to follow 😊
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Thanks Tarik, I'll be checking that out! I definitely want something that is without electronics and is impromptu. Thanks for the reference.
Loreen

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure they are all great takes on the which hand plot but hands down is definately well worth checking out , I love it 😊
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello lbufotd

I have both Hands Down and TH .. Both are excellent but once TH2 is published , the content puts TH2 on another level both in terms of the strength of the effects
And also the variety of effects .

However Michael needs plenty of time to ensure TH2 exceeds all our expectations

Andy
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I'm looking for to TH2!
Loreen

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
Lbuford , don't get me wrong I like Tequilla Hustler but I have scan 3D by Promystic which I personally think is the best but if you want something without electronics and impromptu I personally prefer hands down as it is very direct and very deceptive and has mutiple handles to suit everyone and very simple for the lay man to follow 😊

Do the hero or villain presentation. If you just have them keep track of being a liar or truth teller, you would encounter problems sometimes because for some reason, people get confused with that. Role playing as a hero or a villain however mitigates this issue.

Hands down is actually far less direct due to the mechanics of it. It's also not something I would want to repeat since there is a recognizable pattern they could easily pick up on (and which hand effects benefit greatly when one is able to repeat it multiple times, remember, it is only a 50/50 if done once which is not impressive and could easily just be a lucky guess).

I also have S3D, but I like to do a few rounds of TH first before using S3D. It both completely eliminates the notion of there being any extra bits and bobs in play as well as increasing the impossibility when you start using the S3D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL