The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Booking websites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yeah I agree. It's also how you look at these leads and bookings and what else you do with them on the back end or bigger picture. There are fringe-related benefits as well.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Yes I do have my phone with me all of the time. However, I'm often not in a position to immediately call them. The odds of getting a booking dramatically increase when I do.

As other's have stated, sometimes they see my profile and reviews there and will contact me. What is helpful is that when they google for a magician where I live, I'll show up multiple times in the search response. My web site is listed along with my profile on Gig Salad and/or GigMasters and possibly other sites.

So having a profile on multiple sites plus my own web sites (I have 2) helps them to see me listed in almost every one of the search results depending on how you search. The response from a lot of parents is that they "saw my profile on some site" so they called me.

The suggestion that I have is to create a profile everywhere. GS, GM, Punchbowl.com Yelp, Google+, Facebook, Yahoo local, Yellowpages, YouTube.

Name recognition doesn't just help politicians, but people like us also. Send a link to your profile on these sites after you've performed a great show and ask the client to give you an honest review.

Good luck.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
All good stuff. Thanks guys.

Gerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Booking websites (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL