The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pcam convention (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I just got back from Chiliwack, Bc, and had a blast at this convention. I met some heavy hitters in the world of magic, who were super cool, and down to earth guys. Bill Abbott, Chad Long, Sean Faquire, did some thing with cards, I didn't think were possible. I was honored to be the only children's entertainer on the card, as far as lecturing goes. We had some kids come in, and myself, Mike Norton, Presto The Magician, and Chris(forgot Chris' last name), put on a show, and had some fun.
It was cool to shoot the breeze with all the corporate guys, but funny enough it's the only dealer room I've ever entered, where I didn't buy one thing, because it was all geared for the adult magician. No Daytona or Penguin magic type stuff in this dealer room, but a great time was had by all.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

I meant Presto the Magician.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Wish I had been there but hope you get up north again!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Definitely, Randy. I hope to meet you in person. Cheers.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2015, The Great Zucchini wrote:
...Sean Faquire...

I think you mean Shawn Farquhar.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Yep, I had a feeling I spelled his name wrong. He's a real nice, down to earth guy.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I wished I could have attended the PCAM / Three of Clubs this year, but the timing didn't work out for me. Usually, the PCAM is in the summer, and the Three of Clubs is earlier in the month of November. This year, they made both conventions into one.

Because the timing for this year was later in November, it happened on the same weekend as my Christmas season began. So, I had birthday shows and Christmas shows on the same weekend as the convention this year, so it wasn't practical to go to the mainland for PCAM.

But I know that Mike Norden and Gord Boyes are great guys, and that they put on a great convention. And I know that Shawn Farquhar is a great performer, as well as a great guy.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Covington, WA
56 Posts

Profile of AKMan
Best convention ever. Three of Clubs members were warm and welcoming as was everyone in Canada (except the Customs Officials). The Great Zucchini's lecture was, well, great. I saved a lot of money because the dealers were oriented to adult magic.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

AK Man, Thanks, for the compliment. I'm with ya. It's the only dealer room I've ever been in, where I didn't spend 1 dollar. They just didn't gear anything for us, but it was interesting to still look around, though,
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Covington, WA
56 Posts

Profile of AKMan
The GZ, I saw your prop trunk after your show. OMG! How do you have time to reset that before the next show?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pcam convention (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL