The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeper - Eoin O'Hare (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
shadowmage
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of shadowmage
Pretty excited by the looks of this one. Seems like a very clean way to perform the rising card, which will allow for a lot of presentational focus. Just curious about the durability of the gimmick/ if refills will be needed frequently.

https://store.theory11.com/products/sleeper-by-eoin-ohare

Product description:

Unlike previous methods, SLEEPER is extremely practical and has significant advantages over any other rising card effect, ever. The deck can be shuffled, spread on the table, and held in the spectator’s hands.

No sleight of hand is required, and it’s extremely easy to do. The gimmick does all of the work for you, and it’s completely under your control - it will “sleep” or wait until you want to begin the routine.

---

Any thoughts?
Charlieherbertmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Charlieherbertmagic
Looks awesome but I don't use gimmick decks because some of the people I perform to could grab the deck off me at any second Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2015, Charlieherbertmagic wrote:
Looks awesome but I don't use gimmick decks because some of the people I perform to could grab the deck off me at any second s::giggle

Really?, spectator management might help,but I am sure you have the giggles,lol.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
So it's Kundalini Rising with a brake?

I will say T11 has been making some great packaging for their tricks the last few years.
Official Thread Killer
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
This is really good. I talked with a man have seen the gimmick, very clever and amazing.
pauljames
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of pauljames
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2015, Stucky wrote:
So it's Kundalini Rising with a brake?

I will say T11 has been making some great packaging for their tricks the last few years.

Can't be kuldini because it's says the gimmick is about 3 cards thick Smile
Looks interesting. And yes their packaging is very special
Charlieherbertmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Charlieherbertmagic
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2015, Charlieherbertmagic wrote:
Looks awesome but I don't use gimmick decks because some of the people I perform to could grab the deck off me at any second Smile

Really?, spectator management might help,but I am sure you have the giggles,lol.

Yea, it only happened once cus I was showing a trick to some friends at school and one "really funny" guy grabbed the deck, luckily it wasn't gimmicked but I know how to prevent it now. Also I like to hand the deck out at the end but I'm not very good at deck switching yet so I tend to just stick with a normal deck, although sometimes I use the ID. I prefer impromptu stuff to perform but I love making and playing with gimmicks.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I've watched the video download (don't yet have the gimmick). The gimmick is great. It can be rebuilt when it wears out (tho it won't wear out quickly), it can also be customized to make the card rise faster or slower. It is about the thickness of 3 cards and can be in your deck during other routines. It also has a really cool locking mechanism, meaning you can freely handle/shuffle the cards and then activate it when you're ready.

I broke out an old rising card deck the other day. It got great reactions but you're also very limited in what you can do with it so you end up needing to carry a spare deck in most instances. I think this gimmick is a step forward and a good deal for $25.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Is the gimmick made to look like a card or some,thing else?
Basically, what I want to know is will it only work with a red deck, etc?
Can't use it with any customer decks I have? Thanks.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2015, MagicallyMe wrote:
Is the gimmick made to look like a card or some,thing else?
Basically, what I want to know is will it only work with a red deck, etc?
Can't use it with any customer decks I have? Thanks.

It comes built as a red back. I don't see why you couldn't customize it to your own deck if you're failry decent at working with gaffs.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thanks for the reply. Nice to know.
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I have seen the explanation now, what a beautiful gimmick, a worker. one of this years best releases.
Russ182
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Russ182
Ordered it on the 1st and got it today in the UK , fantastic service from Theory 11 and I love the product and will be keeping quiet about it ( it is that good)
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Can the card slide out with the deck being held horizontal (parallel to the ground) or does the deck have to be held vertical and the card rises up?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Can the card slide out with the deck being held horizontal (parallel to the ground) or does the deck have to be held vertical and the card rises up?

Yes, it definitely can. I believe Blake demonstrates this in the trailer.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Sorry, I tried to update my question but there was already a reply.

Thank you TuneHV for answering my question.

My Martini Rising Card gimmicked deck with the we***t inside could technically be held by the spectator while the card is rising. I would then need to take back the deck as it is not examinable. How is this better? Is it examinable at all? If not, I may go for the Henry Evan's version which is held in the spectator's hands while it rises and is examinable.
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
This looks really good...waiting for a few more reviews!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Sorry, I tried to update my question but there was already a reply.

Thank you TuneHV for answering my question.

My Martini Rising Card gimmicked deck with the we***t inside could technically be held by the spectator while the card is rising. I would then need to take back the deck as it is not examinable. How is this better? Is it examinable at all? If not, I may go for the Henry Evan's version which is held in the spectator's hands while it rises and is examinable.

The gimmick is the thickness of 3 cards, so its much better hidden in the deck and if you really want the deck 100% clean at the end, its easier to cop out than some of the other gimmicks I have seen.

I think what sets this apart is the locking mechanism, so you can ribbon spread the deck, shuffle the cards, etc. then have it rise when you're ready. The gimmick is very well engineered.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pcrpttc
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of pcrpttc
Just ordered it ! Cannot wait to see the real gimmick Smile
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
One last question, when it rises in the Spectator's hands, do they have to squeeze it at first and then release tension per your instructions, or is it more of a timing thing? Thanks.

-Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeper - Eoin O'Hare (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL