The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Active shooting in Califonia (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That raises the question, "What percentage of people in the USA are in a gun-free zone at any particular random moment?"
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, RNK wrote:

The Crime Prevention Research Center released a report in 2014 showing that 92 percent of mass public shootings between 2009 and 2014 took place IN GUN FREE ZONES!

Yes, lack of guns is the problem.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, Cliffg37 wrote:
I remember years ago a shoot out with police left three dead suspects, and one of the mother's of a dead felon sued the police for wrongful death. I think the case was thrown out of court. but still....

There was a hung jury in the lawsuit that followed the North Hollywood shootout, and the family of one of the bank robbers dropped it after that in exchange for not being countersunk for malicious prosecution.

Seriously, Lobo: lose the iPhone, iPad, or iWhatever.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Until there's an investigation, we won't know if it was terrorism or just extreme workplace violence.

It doesn't follow typical terrorist attack pattern- there were certainly targets which would have had a greater impact- shopping mall, courthouses, etc. The attackers didn't inflict more casualties when they could have, they stayed in the general area afterwards, and nobody blew themselves up.

One suspect knew the group involved, so it wasn't random. He was at the event, left angry, and came back shooting.

Let's let the investigators determine a motive before we start making accusations. Causing fear, anger, and rash decisions is exactly what terrorists want to do, let's not give in to their desires.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

The Crime Prevention Research Center released a report in 2014 showing that 92 percent of mass public shootings between 2009 and 2014 took place IN GUN FREE ZONES!

Gun Free Zone, some of the strictest gun laws in the USA ... Tell me ...What do you suggest other than arming yourself for self protection?
Guns could have saved the victims just as guns saved the police that finally caught the terrorist couple.

This is a tragic event. It looks as if the terrorists are using the Mail Order Bride scam to get murderers into the states legally. IMHO.....
As I've said many times before .. Please arm yourselves.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gun Free Zone, some of the strictest gun laws in the USA ... Tell me ...What do you suggest other than arming yourself for self protection?
Guns could have saved the victims just as guns saved the police that finally caught the terrorist couple.

This is a tragic event. It looks as if the terrorists are using the Mail Order Bride scam to get murderers into the states legally. IMHO.....
Oh yes, guns at a Christmas party, along with spiked egg nog and other libations. Wonderful idea.
Plus, if the attackers were wearing armored assault gear, you know what effect a handgun would have had on them? None.

Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh yes, guns at a Christmas party, along with spiked egg nog and other libations. Wonderful idea.
Plus, if the attackers were wearing armored assault gear, you know what effect a handgun would have had on them? None.

Clearly every public place in the country needs security guards at all doors armed with weapons and armor-piercing ammo. I'm sure nobody would have any problem with their taxes being raised to finance the astronomical amount of money that would cost.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Redshirt ...In Texas two terrorists armed with assault rifles were dispatched/ killed by an off duty cop carrying a side arm ... So you are 100% WRONG!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5379 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Until there's an investigation, we won't know if it was terrorism or just extreme workplace violence.

It doesn't follow typical terrorist attack pattern- there were certainly targets which would have had a greater impact- shopping mall, courthouses, etc. The attackers didn't inflict more casualties when they could have, they stayed in the general area afterwards, and nobody blew themselves up.

One suspect knew the group involved, so it wasn't random. He was at the event, left angry, and came back shooting.

Let's let the investigators determine a motive before we start making accusations. Causing fear, anger, and rash decisions is exactly what terrorists want to do, let's not give in to their desires.

Yes. True. But so far:

News that the couple were each carrying an AR-15 rifle and a pistol when they were shot and killed by police after a brief chase in their rented black Ford Expedition with Utah plates about 2 miles from the initial shooting site. The source said the vehicle also contained so-called "rollout bags" with multiple pipe bombs, as well as additional ammunition.

"That's a military tactic for a sustained fight," the source told Fox News of the rollout bags.

In addition to the explosives found at the SUV, authorities discovered and detonated three pipe bombs late Wednesday at the Inland Regional Center, the complex where the initial shooting took place about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. Another source said investigators discovered a dozen pipe bombs in the house, as well as small explosives strapped to remote-controlled cars - a signature of terrorist groups including Al Qaeda, according to counter-terrorism experts. Police also found thousands of .223-caliber and 9mm rounds at the home.

"Clearly, they were equipped to do another attack," Burguan said Thursday. "Luckily, we intercepted them before that."

Um. Yea. Workplace violence, huh? Wow. The world better wake up!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Quote:

Not being In the hands of law abiding citizens , yes I do agree.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, or the pipe bombs that were being assembled in he garage before the holiday party started...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
Redshirt ...In Texas two terrorists armed with assault rifles were dispatched/ killed by an off duty cop carrying a side arm ... So you are 100% WRONG!!!!!

Doesn't matter if they were armed with 50-cal miniguns. When I say "gear" I mean body armor, and small arms fire mostly bounces off the stuff.

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
Quote:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, or the pipe bombs that were being assembled in he garage before the holiday party started...

So maybe they were planning something else, but something at the party set them off to start there instead. Maybe they were planning to attack and bomb their work office, and it had nothing to do with religion. The point is, we don't yet know.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5379 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So maybe they were planning something else, but something at the party set them off to start there instead. Maybe they were planning to attack and bomb their work office, and it had nothing to do with religion. The point is, we don't yet know.

Wow Redshirt. Just wow.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
A delay in identifying this as terrorism only allows the terrorists to escape more easily (I'm sure they had help). The neighbors were afraid to report these terrorists because they feared repercussions from the politically correct crowd .. Now more victims of Jihad.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
Wow Redshirt. Just wow.

Okay, just read the latest info released. Yes, they were muslims, and it's now being treated as a counter-terror investigation.

More to the point, the rifles used were acquired legally, because Syed was a US citizen.

So, this latest one of 355 mass shootings this year so far in the US was committed by a muslim. Now what? People gonna get hell-bent on kicking out all the muslims? Deny Second Amendment rights based on someone's religion (which violates the First Amendment?) Or are we going to try and look at some sensible regulations that might have helped prevent some of the other 354 shootings as well?

Or go, "Ah well, there's nothing we can do! ¯_(ツ)_/¯"

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It is possible to arrest and deport those who wish to do harm to American Citizens. If you believe in the physical Jihad, which requires the killing or enslaving of Infidels (Guys like me ), then it is legal for the USA to remove you from our country. It's basically treason. That seems to be the catch here. We need a good look at Sharia Law, Jihad, and the violence that surrounds these belief systems. I have many Muslim friends. I don't let their religious views bother me... However, if someone thinks the world would be a better place with me and my family dead ... I draw the line .. Wouldn't you? But we can't discuss religion here ... So it can't be resolved on the Café.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
It is possible to arrest and deport those who wish to do harm to American Citizens. If you believe in the physical Jihad, which requires the killing or enslaving of Infidels (Guys like me ), then it is legal for the USA to remove you from our country. It's basically treason. That seems to be the catch here. We need a good look at Sharia Law, Jihad, and the violence that surrounds these belief systems. I have many Muslim friends. I don't let their religious views bother me... However, if someone thinks the world would be a better place with me and my family dead ... I draw the line .. Wouldn't you? But we can't discuss religion here ... So it can't be resolved on the Café.

But he was an American Citizen, born and raised here. Where would he be deported to? Besides, the families of both suspects said they showed no signs of fanaticism. Neither had any criminal record.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5379 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

But he was an American Citizen, born and raised here. Where would he be deported to? Besides, the families of both suspects said they showed no signs of fanaticism. Neither had any criminal record.

Exactly! Showed no signs but yet in the end were faithful to their roots! You have hit the nail on the head Red! Once a devout follower always a devout follower and some will go off the deep end. You have proven our point why it's essential not to let Syrian refugees in. There is no way of telling if or if not. And 25,000 as opposed to the safety of hundreds of millions, I would say protect the hundreds of millions.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly! Showed no signs but yet in the end were faithful to their roots! You have hit the nail on the head Red! Once a devout follower always a devout follower and some will go off the deep end. You have proven our point why it's essential not to let Syrian refugees in. There is no way of telling if or if not. And 25,000 as opposed to the safety of hundreds of millions, I would say protect the hundreds of millions.

Better watch out for those extremists bent on blowing up Planned Parenthood clinics, too.

Still, it does solve the problem. At this rate, there won't be anyone left in the country to shoot or be shot at.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Active shooting in Califonia (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL