The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Active shooting in Califonia (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Crooks can buy guns from their buddies who can pass a background check.

You write sentences that undermine your position.

This affirms my position that CROOKS will always find a way to get a gun. That's WHY we have the Bill of Rights!!!!!! Had this not been a gun free zone perhaps someone could have fired back, like in Texas, and killed these two before the slaughter.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Let's see, armed men parade outside Planned Parenthood chapters around the country, but what you find as an example of intimidation is a woman's thought that she might be thought a racist.
Sounds more like a case for Dr. Phil than the PC police.
Sorry, Lobo, that dog don't hunt at all. A weak example IMO.

A weak example of reading comprehension on your part, I'd say. Who on earth said anything about intimidation?! What it was an example of is political correctness.

Then what is this awesome power of political correctness supposed to be in your example, and why is it bad?

People are conditioned to elevate non-offensiveness to the highest priority. It's bad, because in many situations, truth, for instance, is a higher value.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
I guess we should rail against Emily Post as well: there once was a woman who said nothing about her house on fire because she didn't want to appear impolite.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
I guess we should rail against Emily Post as well: there once was a woman who said nothing about her house on fire because she didn't want to appear impolite.

Right!

Or just the woman who didn't voice her suspicions about the people making the pipe bombs.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl......8543.com

Not sure if Magnus is reading this one, but this is another example of some of the more pernicious effects if political correctness.

Which one?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'm still trying to parse it, Lobo:

A climate of anti-Muslim hatred has nothing to with random Muslims getting hurt ,

but asking people not to be rude is a problem?

Perhaps there might be an element of personal responsibility in all of these cases?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This affirms my position that CROOKS will always find a way to get a gun. That's WHY we have the Bill of Rights!!!!!! Had this not been a gun free zone perhaps someone could have fired back, like in Texas, and killed these two before the slaughter.

You're supposing an awful lot there.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No more than usual.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wish they would have had the opportunity to fight back. With your attitude the victims never will. It's sad to see. In Texas an armed citizen with a hand gun killed two terrorists with rifles before they murdered anyone ... To bad this didn't happen here. I know it's important to you to win an argument ... I, however don't care what is important to you at this moment. Innocent people have been slaughtered. I wish they had been armed.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wish they would have had the opportunity to fight back. With your attitude the victims never will.

With "my attitude"?

What, exactly is "my attitude"?

How can you even know what "my attitude" is?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
I'm still trying to parse it, Lobo:

A climate of anti-Muslim hatred has nothing to with random Muslims getting hurt ,

but asking people not to be rude is a problem?

Perhaps there might be an element of personal responsibility in all of these cases?

Firstly, there's no particular reason to conflate two different issues. I didn't say anything about Muslims getting hurt.secondly, political correctness goes well above and beyond "asking people not to be rude."

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, let me ask it this way: where is it in the PC Constitution that it asks people to not mention it if they see their neighbors transporting pipe bombs?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16247 Posts

Profile of tommy
The F.B.I. is treating the Wednesday shooting as a potential terrorist act, though the agency is far from concluding that it was, two law enforcement officials said.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
While you were sleeping ...

"The Senate rejected a measure ... from Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to prevent individuals on the terror watch list from purchasing firearms on a 45 to 54 vote."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe......hooting/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, balducci wrote:

"The Senate rejected a measure ... from Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to prevent individuals on the terror watch list from purchasing firearms on a 45 to 54 vote."

Why on earth would you want to deprive people on a terror watch list from their God-given and Constitutionally protected right to buy firearms? Those freedom-hating librols are at it again.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, tommy wrote:
The F.B.I. is treating the Wednesday shooting as a potential terrorist act, though the agency is far from concluding that it was, two law enforcement officials said.

I wonder who's preventing them from concluding that it was a terrorist act when everyone else now knows it was? Wait...I think I know.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
This affirms my position that CROOKS will always find a way to get a gun.

Um, yeah. AR-15's cost like $500 when legally purchased (as opposed to something like $30,000 on the black market,) and there's no real way to prevent someone from just buying one for someone else. So of course the crooks will get guns.

Maybe if we had a few common sense restrictions- waiting periods, etc.- and a few less guns, it wouldn't be so easy for crooks to get them.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Quote:

Um, yeah. AR-15's cost like $500 when legally purchased (as opposed to something like $30,000 on the black market,) and there's no real way to prevent someone from just buying one for someone else. So of course the crooks will get guns.

Maybe if we had a few common sense restrictions- waiting periods, etc.- and a few less guns, it wouldn't be so easy for crooks to get them.

Yeah, but that's a slippery slope. If we make it harder for criminals and terrorists to legally buy guns, it's just a matter of time before Obama starts going house to house confiscating the weapons of law-abiding gun owners.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but that's a slippery slope. If we make it harder for criminals and terrorists to legally buy guns, it's just a matter of time before Obama starts going house to house confiscating the weapons of law-abiding gun owners.

Slippery slope is a logical fallacy. Sometimes it is easily identified by the use of the words "slippery slope" in an argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, balducci wrote:

Why on earth would you want to deprive people on a terror watch list from their God-given and Constitutionally protected right to buy firearms? Those freedom-hating librols are at it again.

Would you support taking other freedoms from them as well? Ir is it just this so you can be sarcastic and all proud of yourself?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Active shooting in Califonia (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL