The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beware Hacker and viruses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Today I checked my e-mail and I had 30 new messages. Usually I'm lucky if I get one. I knew something was up as all of the new messages had attachments of 48K (very big). All were from different e-mail addresses. the Subjects were very deceiving such as, well I'll just list them all: Notification, You use Illegal File Sharing, Unknown, Read This Message, our Credit Card, For your Information, Forget, Your Account is About to Expire, Your Order is Being Processed, Expired Account, Your Account has Expired, Your Request is Being Processed, Hi, It's Me, Read Now!, News, Something for You, and Your IP was Logged.
All had very short messages like the subject repeated, but the most frightening one was "I have Your Password". The reason I am posting this is because one of the e-mails was from streetmagic55@aol.com I did a search for this person on Google and it turns out they are a real person with a magic site and videos. I fear that a magic site has been hacked and passwords stolen and used to send viruses. If you get one of these don't open them.
I shall now post all the e-mail addresses so you will know if you have been hacked: cpb_3@yahoo.com, zfw@aol.com, ujgqp@yahoo.com, khris-clymer@clymer.net, dpeters@esimail.eastonsports.co, yvf@aol.com, spidey08@singnet.com.sg, chris@ccny.com, doglesby@namb.net, skirace895@aol.com, ningl@yahoo.com, sheelz@sheelz.co.uk, sbowles@usatoday.com, svj@msn.com, sssrider@comcast.net, btgc@msn.com, tym2buy@rogers.com, sueq327@juno.com, and streetmagic55@aol.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There are "Spiders" and "Robots" which go through the internet looking for BBS like this one and harvest email addresses which have not been coded.

These are then used as valid return addresses to the virus. You have to do nothing, except to be aware of attachements with strange messages which would not relate to magic.

A good virus protection really makes a difference.
Dennis Michael
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Just to reassure the folks here, your Café passwords are encrypted using an extremely secure method. Nowhere on the server is your password stored unencrypted.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beware Hacker and viruses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL