The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Poll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Do you study pocket management and use a system to move things around during performance.?
(As opposed to using pouches and/or belt attachments ?)
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I use a pouch.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ich bin ein taschen spieler!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Dick Oslund wrote:
Ich bin ein taschen spieler!

Press one for English...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
ACH! --Pockets!

Pouches were "invented" before pockets, but (and it's a matter of personal preference) I prefer pockets.

As Jay notes, it takes planning, and, a system.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I'm working on an insert for your jacket pocket that was dividers as to not mix up props; balls, dice,etc. working with felt and wire from coat hangers.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Six coins and a deck of cards. Not exactly brain surgery.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, Stanyon wrote:

FWIW

How do you do the 7 coin trick with just 6 coins?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, jay leslie wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, Stanyon wrote:

FWIW

How do you do the 7 coin trick with just 6 coins?

I leave that one to the guys with bigger pockets!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I have a jacket pocket as well as a pants pocket organizer that I make so I can access things without looking like there's a game of pocket pool going on.
When I'm finished with the coins, TT, packet trick, sponge balls, etc... they go right back in the space/slot they came out of.
If you are interested in one please PM me and we can work something out.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Ahhhhh

I have an entire shop of equipment to make things, in case you didn't know. Attached is a escape belt I just made.

But thank you for your offer anyway. I'm just taking a poll of how many would rather go with light/flat items against those who carry a pouch or (do what I do) which is carry 6 pouches that clip on my belt.

My next question would be. Do you do what the audeince likes or do you do what you like?

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jay, it really depends on how one dresses for their magic performances. Having a pouch while wearing a $600.00 suit does not make sense. From what I seen on the Café, how some of them dress, I would think only a paper sack would do for them. Cut-off, T-shirt, and Thong sandals is their performance attire.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1311 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Iam a fan of pockets management. Also keeping it simple one set of props each pocket and instant re-set.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I sometimes use Carl Andrews' Pocket Pocket. It organizes 8 pockets in your pocket.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Mychine
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mychine
Assuming the props you need actually fit into pockets (or as Bill suggests: paperbags strapped to thongs!) then for me it usually comes down to a pocket priority system. I never give a pocket more than one task over the course of a set which means I do occasionally swap items around in-between groups.

For your second question; always know your audience and prepare however you can - but not exclusively as there will always be outliers. If you don't bring things that you like then the audience could detect it and respond accordingly. A quick way through this is to open with your favourite pieces (at the risk of them being 'minor' effects) and then close with theirs.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, Mychine wrote:
Assuming the props you need actually fit into pockets (or as Bill suggests: paperbags strapped to thongs!) then for me it usually comes down to a pocket priority system.

I am intrigued by the paper bag system. Do you use two of them in the front, How does that work?
Mychine
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mychine
I should have known better...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Poll (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL