The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best Strolling Coin Effects (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Please give me your favorite strolling/walk around coin effects : ungimmicked and gimmicked.
Many Thanks!

Nathan
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Many based on using the TUC, mostly because of crippled hands and ability to toss the gaff around.

All transportation effects followed by physical changes such as C/S.

For me, it was always important to be able to produce the same result in several ways because of repeat audiences.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Karate coin always goes over well for me. I actually use it instead of having the last coin travel in my coins across. I will say "that is three that have traveled; one left and that is done "kung fu" style. I then blow it off as a joke and show the last coin has traveled to my other hand. It's a silly idea but it seems to work for me.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I do not do this one myself but I have seen a video where a guy did a repeat jumbo coin to pocket that killed. Maybe someone else will know who I mean. (I think the guy was busking on a beachfront in the vid I saw).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
My two favorites are
Spellbound- non-gimmicked
Coins across- gimmicked
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
One of my openers was "Dead Kennedys," from "As the Crow Flies" (available at lybrary.com).

It was a gimmicked version of gadabout coins with comedy patter.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Or My 3 coins To pocket Set! From my 1 ST. Hardbound Book! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
PAUL 7
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PAUL 7
Imagination coins by Garrett Thomas. Comes with a DVD and gimmick.It allows you to vanish a coin in a person's hand and has a nice coins across on the DVD.

Johnson's Hopping Half.

Paul
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I do a routine that begins as a quick 3 Fly, then immediately segues into my modified version of Garrett Thomas's Imagnation Coins.
The 3 Fly is a quick visual opener that is a good way of introducing myself and also allows me to endear myself into their good graces without yet asking anything of them or demanding their participation in any way.
The next phase involves more direct involvement and has magic happening in their own hands.
It's also modular so I can wrap it up quickly because sometimes you happen upon a group that is initially gracious out of politeness, but you can quickly tell that they are distracted and are in the middle of a meeting or an important discussion or whatever the case may be.

FYI, I use Morgan's when performing this routine.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here's my fav.... Four coin production, coins across, coins vanish concluding with jumbo production. Sometimes I add a quick spellbound at the end too. Hope you like it guys.

https://youtu.be/80jEfFpAW7s
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
It is nice to see a routine rather than a "skill snippet." Much to like here as noted before. You deserve the reaction you got.

One small "nit pick" -- you use a phrase like, "four coins, no more" might suggest the possibility of an extra coin that would never have occurred to the spectator.

Having such phrases available in case of detected skepticism makes sense, but here she is with you all the way.

Maybe something like, "we are limited to the magic only four coins can provide."

but, you are there "at the moment" and follow your intuition -- maybe shooting a video is the limitation.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Shell coins across- in the spectator's hands
Elbow, Knee, and Neck- I don't know many guys using it, but I've been using it for years and it's great!
Holy Moly
Charming Chinese Challenge
Copper/Silver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best Strolling Coin Effects (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL