The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Hi Guys,

Here are a few coin changes of mine...But please let me know if they've been published 50 years ago!
These are NOT about "natural" looking mouvement. If you like natural moves in coin magic, these will burn your eyes. Do NOT watch!
Those 4 changes each have a different aesthetic, approach, and can be used in various context..
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLA_AtxFWEE

b
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
Dafedas,
Awesome stuff as usual. I love your style. I can detect no finger movement as the changes take place. Even though the hand movements are a bit unnatural, it fits the persona. I could never pull it off but you my friend have it down pat.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Really enjoyed that Dafedas.
the magic guy
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of the magic guy
This is really great! I especially love the coin rolling. I'm never able to make it roll over more than 2 fingers before it wobbles and falls. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
All three seem unique in some way -- possibly because of the musical flow.

The second one following a two-sided display of the coin is an old theme -- something I learned in the late 50's,
but it was never named or credited --

just one of those "moves from natural handling" that was common for my mentors.

So, it is "old" because showing both sides of a coin is "old/common" while you technique might be entirely new.

Some of the other approaches do not seem so natural to me, but might be within the context of a routine.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice Changes, all. Smile

I play with this sort of stuff all the time, in different ways. Your fluidity here with it shows great time and effort. Good job! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Thanks for feedback guys.
Funsway, would you have any names/ video links with a similar idea regarding the second change? I would like to take a look and possibly include in a credit or further studies section when I release some material. Thx.

b
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I'll write something up.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Changes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL