The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Force Awakens (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Anybody excited?

I just bought a couple tickets for next Thursday for my daughter and I.

Yes!
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Am I the only star was fan who is mad about this?
Reality is a real killjoy.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1199 Posts

Profile of imgic
Why mad?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am just done with all the hype. It actually has made me not care.

It is starting to remind me of the merchandising scene from Spacrballs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, imgic wrote:
Why mad?

Star Wars ended beautifully. It doesn't need another movie, let alone a spin-off.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1199 Posts

Profile of imgic
I haven't been paying any attention to the hype...I'll probably wait until it comes out on cable to see it...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Anybody excited?

Yes!

Last time I got excited, it turned out to be "The Phantom Menace."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, imgic wrote:
Why mad?

Star Wars ended beautifully. It doesn't need another movie, let alone a spin-off.

Episodes 1-3 were beautiful? Blech.

I'm just excited because Lucas isn't directing. We haven't had a treat like that since Empire Strikes Back.

I'm looking forward to it, though might not be able to swing opening weekend. From all the trailers I've seen, it looks like it'll be pretty cool.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I said ended beautifully. I am speaking in order of events. And not to start a war or anything, but I actually like the prequels.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I will only say of the first 3 that it is quite difficult to go back and tell av story in that fashion. Was not a fan but it was a monumental task. There was no way to make everyone happy. I was bored and annoyed not necessarily in that order. I guess eventually they grew on me but I think had the story started with them it never would have gone to 6 much less 9 movies.

Hsving the Disney viewpoint will be interesting. Though thoroughly annoyed with the hype we will see what happens.

Also I thought that the first 3 ending was beautiful as well. Couldn't wait to end them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Anybody excited?

Yes!

Me! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Would you believe I saw the first one, hated it, didn't see any of the others, and have no interest in seeing the new one?

Nevertheless, I hope you folks who like the series have a wonderful experience ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I believe it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, arthur stead wrote:
Would you believe I saw the first one, hated it, didn't see any of the others, and have no interest in seeing the new one?

Nevertheless, I hope you folks who like the series have a wonderful experience ...

By first one do you mean The Phantom Menace or A New Hope?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sorry but most think of "A New Hope" as the first one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:

The original trilogy that Lucas wrote included nine episodes for Star Wars, so no ... what you saw in the cinema was never meant to be the "ending" of Star Wars.

When Lucas went to film these, he knew the first three were not as exciting as the next three ... therefore he skipped them and jumped straight into episode four where the action started - people that complain about the first three movies not being as good are obviously exposing themselves as "fake" star wars fan. A true fan knew going to the theater that these episodes were the more boring set-up parts for the original trilogy and would have never expected them to be as good (yet alone better).

The last three episodes were leased to Dark Horse Comics which were published in six comic books ... it has been stated that the Disney movies will not follow Lucas' original script. The comics were set immediately after the destruction of the Death Star while the Disney movies will be set thirty years after that event, but I suspect from the trailers that some of the same story line is still in place.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sorry but most think of "A New Hope" as the first one.

I know, that's why I was asking.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:

The original trilogy that Lucas wrote included nine episodes for Star Wars, so no ... what you saw in the cinema was never meant to be the "ending" of Star Wars.

When Lucas went to film these, he knew the first three were not as exciting as the next three ... therefore he skipped them and jumped straight into episode four where the action started - people that complain about the first three movies not being as good are obviously exposing themselves as "fake" star wars fan. A true fan knew going to the theater that these episodes were the more boring set-up parts for the original trilogy and would have never expected them to be as good (yet alone better).

The last three episodes were leased to Dark Horse Comics which were published in six comic books ... it has been stated that the Disney movies will not follow Lucas' original script. The comics were set immediately after the destruction of the Death Star while the Disney movies will be set thirty years after that event, but I suspect from the trailers that some of the same story line is still in place.

-JoeJoe

Whether or not it was the intention is irrelevant. It ended well. The chosen one brought balance to the force as the prophesy stated, and he gave his life to do so. That would be cheapened if it didn't work. And I already said that I like the prequels.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea JoeJoe is the ultimate decider of who is s true Star Wars fan LOL.

Bad news. The movies were at least expected to be good and make some sense. But I guess a true Star Wars fan such as yourself wouldn't care if they were any good.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1199 Posts

Profile of imgic
Not liking Jar-Jar Binks or rolling my eyes about mitocholorian makes me a fake fan?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Force Awakens (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL