The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Derek Dingle's "Inflation" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
I started a "secret" thread on this topic elsewhere:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......46&0

But thought I might ask openly: Does anyone perform this? Has anyone seen it performed?

regards, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
I used to perform Inflation quite often, and had a lot of fun with it.

The reason I cut back on it was that I had never really developed my own presentation. In fact, I found in retrospect that I had been using the routine where most other coin guys would have been using a one-coin flurry. I had sunk into this "it's-small-it's-big-it's-small-it's-big-it's-small-it's-big-it's-HUUUUUGE!" sort of rhythm that really didn't do justice to the material. In the end, I decided to put it away until my presentation skills had matured a bit.

That was way back. It's about time I went and developed a more personal take on it. Thanks for giving me something to think about.

Cheers,

Cy.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
There's nothing wrong with the words in Dingle's book. The trick doesn't need much in the way of a script. It's a nice visual with a killer ending. Instead of the coin jumping around for no reason it changes to illustrate what you're saying and ends with a bang.

I used to do it all the time until I lost the half dollar sized penny...
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Agreed. The reason I stopped performing Inflation regularly had nothing to do with the presentation as given in the book, although I always do try to personalise the material I use.

However, I was still quite new at routining tricks together back then and consequently, in my hands, it had assumed the position of transitional effect, and I knew it deserved better.

I've matured a lot as a performer now, I hope. I'm pretty sure I could make much better use of Inflation these days than I did before.

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Derek Dingle's "Inflation" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL