The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Candy Readings for the holidays (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I was at a Christmas party last night and was asked to "do something." While I considered giving a holiday themed standard reading I figured no one really wanted to hear that grandma was going to be run over by a reindeer so I needed something else.

Of course there was a bowl of candy out so I did a candy reading from my Sweet Psychic book. Of course everyone else wanted one too, but the crowd was really too big and I wanted to get back to paying myself when inspiration hit. I'll probably update the book with this idea, expanded, into a bonus chapter but here is the gist:

I chose 4 candies, showed them then asked "of the 4 who likes Peanut Butter cups the best?" Then I did a reading for everyone that was standing. Then said make sure you look around and see who else is like you, and even if it's not your favorite now you know something about someone that you didn't previously know, make sure to talk to them later. Then repeat for the other 3 candies.

It was a big hit, everyone spent the rest of the night referring to their candy characteristics and it really helped break the ice.

If you have the book, try it out. If you don't you can get it here and learn it in an hour and do it at tonight's party.

http://www.memorytaker.com/tlsotda/?page_id=86
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
This underscores what I have always believed: that any patterns can be used for a reading. Anything!
John
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2015, jstreiff wrote:
This underscores what I have always believed: that any patterns can be used for a reading. Anything!

Yep, all they need is a reason to believe.

When I was just starting with readings I had the 12 stock lines (I got them from Lee Earl's book, I forget who he credited them with ) stored on my phone. To pull up the document I had about 5 buttons I had to push. I acted as if I was entering information into a program instead of working through a menu - as I looked at the phone I'd ask Are you right or left handed, when they answered I'd press the next button as if I was entering the information, then ask what they had for breakfast, etc. By the time I had my 12 lines ready to read they believed the reading was based on their input. As I got better I would make sure to use what they told me to customize those lines, but even the first few times when I read them directly they were accepted completely.

People want to believe, give them a reason and they will.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
I was at a Christmas party last night and was asked to "do something." While I considered giving a holiday themed standard reading I figured no one really wanted to hear that grandma was going to be run over by a reindeer so I needed something else.

Of course there was a bowl of candy out so I did a candy reading from my Sweet Psychic book. Of course everyone else wanted one too, but the crowd was really too big and I wanted to get back to paying myself when inspiration hit. I'll probably update the book with this idea, expanded, into a bonus chapter but here is the gist:

I chose 4 candies, showed them then asked "of the 4 who likes Peanut Butter cups the best?" Then I did a reading for everyone that was standing. Then said make sure you look around and see who else is like you, and even if it's not your favorite now you know something about someone that you didn't previously know, make sure to talk to them later. Then repeat for the other 3 candies.

It was a big hit, everyone spent the rest of the night referring to their candy characteristics and it really helped break the ice.

If you have the book, try it out. If you don't you can get it here and learn it in an hour and do it at tonight's party.

http://www.memorytaker.com/tlsotda/?page_id=86

Fred,
Great idea, thanks for sharing. Now I have to get the book.

Woodfield
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
At the correct time, this type of non-esoterical readings are very fun and entertaining. Just yesterday during an event I was using as system of mine and you can connect a great deal with someone with this approaches

Thanks for sharing it Fred!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Second Sight
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
155 Posts

Profile of Second Sight
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
I'll probably update the book with this idea, expanded, into a bonus chapter but here is the gist:

I bought this book a while back, and I liked it. But, I am still hopeful for the update. The group candy reading is a very promising idea. I'd love to see where the author takes the idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Candy Readings for the holidays (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL