The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Han Ping Chein (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
Anyone use this effect or Chein Ping Han? If so, what effects do you do and whose are they? I already do a couple Sankey and Rubinstein routines. Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Check out Geoff Latta's CopSilBrass routine
in Kaufman's CoinMagic book.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Coinmagic has alot of routines in it that use it. Also check Ammar's Book, his "Incredible Coins Across" uses it also. In addition I also use it in a coins across routine that I perform.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Roth is a master of this move. I am impressed every time I see him use it.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
It's not really a move to build an entire routine off of but you can do it. I did a simple 4 coins across using just the hpc in spec's hands. I agree that the best routine that uses it for me at this current time is Ammar's Incredible Coins Across routine in his book the Magic of Michael Ammar.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Harry Lorayne does the best one ever! Check out his Stars Of Magic video for it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I use HPC a lot when I do slot box routines. It's just a pretty move, and flows very well. Other than that, I suggest studying Sankey's Rev. Coin Magic. He really takes a close look at several variations and applications of HPC, and his own little brainchild, CPH. And of course, Roth is the king when it comes to this move, however he goes into more detail in his book ECMME, than I remember him doing the video series. I may be wrong about that, or he may go into the move more in his UCM series. I haven't seen those yet.
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nice move if your body language has such gross motions. It does work very well to get coins into spectator hands as in Presto's coins across thing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I never thought of my body movements as gross, but you never know. I always liked to think of them as abrupt and inappropriate, but never gross. Smile

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think it works if you are more "poetry in motion".

sort of like ballet. A little finesse is needed!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Try to see film/video of Slydini ('nuf said) Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm a fairly big guy, so if I started moving like a ballet, everyone would avoid eye contact with me, and slowly move away Smile

Seriously, my "game face" is sort of abrupt and borders on, but never truely crosses into inappropriate. So the HPC move, for me anyway, is very natural.

And Pete, I'd love to see Tony Slydidni on video, any suggestions on where to locate the material?

mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Study the works of Slydini...or learn Vernon's method in "The Dai Vernon Book of Magic" if you are serious about the HPC

Later,
Mike
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Or watch that Madonna Video: 'Vogue'

Goes great with the way folks are using the JWGrip too.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm vaguely familiar with Madonna's video tributes to magic, but I don't think they have much to do with dropping things OUT of the hands.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I'll go on a Slydini safari, and I won't come back until I've bagged a video.

GSmithson
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of GSmithson
Paul Harris uses the move in "PDQ Coins Across," using the spectator's hands as we mortals use a tabletop.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
The Paul Harris routine mentioned above is great.
Bob Kohler has a good Copper/Silver/Brass routine using the Han Ping Chein, he is releasing a coin video some time, and this is on it (apparantly). he also has a great 4 coin routine where one by one each coin leaves the hand and arrives under a card. I don't know if this is going to be on the video but if you have a video that plays PAL type videos you can get a copy of his lecture in which he teaches both routines mentioned above,as well as loads of other great stuff. you can get it from http://www.internationalmagic.com
Owen
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2004-03-01 19:57, mike gallo wrote:
Study the works of Slydini...or learn Vernon's method in "The Dai Vernon Book of Magic" if you are serious about the HPC

Or study Mike's Dad's Gallo Pitch and Geoff Latta's Ultimate HPC. Both significant improvements.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I really like the Gallo Pitch and prefer to use it over a HPC when the timing of a routine allows.
Click to visit:
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Charlie Miller had a great handling doing the necessary in mid-air.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Han Ping Chein (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL