We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Klaus the mouse (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1151 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Http://youtu.be/SUx3TD1_bn0

wouldnt be too bad if you didn't have to control the chosen card to 2 specific locations. Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1151 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I find it interesting, although the method is not new. I prefer Tamariz' routine as being impromptu, but it seems very hard to master.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
223 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
I got this trick some years ago with a little robot Smile Looks a lot better with it in my opinion even if I never used it Smile
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
For the right audience could be a lot of fun.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
I have this and it is my most requested trick lol by adults and children alike! Really cute AND powerful.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22514 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Http://youtu.be/SUx3TD1_bn0

wouldnt be too bad if you didn't have to control the chosen card to 2 specific locations. Smile

Really, I don't believe it has anything to do with the location, I guess he wanted the mouse to stop toward the middle of his card spreads. I have met a lot of magicians who find it difficult to do a deck spread as well, so some practice on the basics of card handling is required for this trick. I never found cutting a deck of cards that difficult.

This looks to be a different method then the little Robot Louis Tannen's Magic use to sell in the 1980's. The toy Robots are not made anymore, but their are some alternatives toys that may work just fine. The Robot was my favorite, though.

Dick Koornwinder's Kar is my all time favorite toy finding card revelation and card discovery.

Then there is Don Alan Ranch Bird that is a lot of fun to do, with a surprise ending that always puzzles the spectator.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
238 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Just to confirm, you do not have to control the card at all.
However, aesthetically, you may prefer to arrange the position centrally.

I have this, and as BrainMagic said, all age groups really enjoy the prop.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
We saw this at the Magic LIVE convention, and while we have seen many effects that have an object pass over a spread deck to find a selected card, this one seems to appeal to the widest variety of spectators. We were most surprised about the variety of performance ideas that are included. This is a great effect and Hocus Pocus is proud to carry this item.

It is available and in stock for immediate shipment from Hocus Pocus, order yours here:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/prod/32266

Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Shut up and take my money!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3921 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Picked one up at magi fest. Nice but probably $10 overpriced IMO.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I used to do a thing called Wonder Pet which got terrific reactions, WAY in excess of the skill level. So much that I almost felt guilty. People LOVED the little dog. But it was a piece of cr@p, quality wise and soon broke. This will, I hope, be a worthy replacement.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Wish I'd purchased this instead of Factory Blanks. My daughter's little posse would love it. Any chance Penguin carries it in the future? Prefer to buy from them with their free shipping.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1227 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
It is very wise NOT to call your mouse Klaus! If there is a teenager among the spectators and he googles “Klaus mouse magic” on his smartphone, the site of the magic dealer who sells this trick is staring him in the face. (try it yourself)
The advice above applies to every trick that you bought. Never use the commercial name of the trick in your presentation.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
It seems a few posters have this and like it. Any more reviews, any in depth reviews? Is the gimmick well made? Will it last for a long time? I'm very interested in this but it seems pricy enough I want to be sure of the quality and usability before I pull the trigger.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3462 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Gimmick is very well made,should last indefinitely with a little care. You can easily refresh the deck as well.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Thank you, appreciate the input.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
I'm interested in this lovely piece but was wondering if it needs to be done on a table cloth or close up mat? If someone who has this could let me know that would help me to decide if this is right for me.

Thanks!

jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1227 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2016, MagicalEducator wrote:
I'm interested in this lovely piece but was wondering if it needs to be done on a table cloth or close up mat? If someone who has this could let me know that would help me to decide if this is right for me.

You can do it everywhere on every surface as long as you can make a spread with the cards on it.
The mouse runs not on the surface but on the cards.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Thanks for your help...much appreciated!

jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Klaus the mouse (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL