We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Klaus the mouse (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of rjs
My mouse no longer moves. It worked fine for the first five trials.
Have I overlooked a way of resetting the wind up mechanism?
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
532 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I have found that the springs of the wind-up mechanism on these small toys are notorious for early failure. I have been doing a similar effect to Klaus for over 30 years with a small wind-up woodpecker (my homage to Don Alan’s Ranch Bird presentation.) I bought all of the little birds that I could at the time of my routine’s development. I still have about a dozen back-ups - that I do have to go to from time to time as I do the trick a lot. My Klaus is holding on - for now at least. (I would contact the dealer who sold you the trick as a failure this soon is premature, IMHO)
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2502 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Can you use any deck?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1019 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Yes, you can use any deck.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2502 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I'd like to buy this but I just have a feeling it won't be durable or last at all.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1227 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
I'd like to buy this but I just have a feeling it won't be durable or last at all.

You are right.
The maximum is only 2 years.
http://animals.mom.me/mouses-lifespan-captivity-3962.html
And I have mine already more than 6 months...
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1748 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Lol, just stumbled over this thread.

@rjs: If you have any problems with Klaus, please get in touch with me and explain what defect you have. I am happy to help.

I made all efforts and it took me about a year to get the mouse to this state that it has now. Even if it looks like just a tiny chinese toy, there is way more to do in the preparation than just buying and repacking it. It is one of our best selling effects and yes, it appeals to all ages and genders. A magician friend of mine is booked frequently for close up magic, and all she does now (as people are asking for it all the time) is Klaus the Mouse and the Tiny Plunger.

This effect is more or less self working, easy even for beginners. It is a regular deck of cards used and there is no card force envolved. The chosen card can be signed and handed out certainly.

Not sure if Penguin will get it in the near future, and as the mouse is a bit bulky in shipment, I wonder if Penguin would offer free shipping on that one.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Honest question about this. I still have my original Koornwinder Car and lately been doing the Eugene Burger variation. Is there a difference between this and the Koornwinder Car?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1748 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, a completely different gimmick working here.
While thinking about it: I wonder if some treatment with Science Friction will allow to let the spectator shuffle the deck with the same result...
Will test it while performing it in Blackpool.

Chinese Proverb
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I finally ordered and received this yesterday. Overall I'm quite pleased. The mouse looks great and seems fairly well built considering it's a plastic toy. My daughter went batshit crazy for it which was the whole idea and I think it's going to play huge for me. I agree with the previous poster that it seems about $10 overpriced, but if you'll get use out of this I think you'll be happy.
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
Just got this this morning.... oh about 4 hours ago, along with a number of other items from card shark - great service and quick delivery as per usual btw - I personally believe it is worth the money and I don't think you would want it looking much better or more sophisticated looking than it actually is, otherwise I believe it would actually detract from what specs believe it is - a cheap toy out the local chinese supermarket.

I own a bar and restaurant and have already did it 10 times.... it got great responses from young kids right through to those in there 70's / 80's.

Initially I intoduced Klaus as per suggestion on the video, but I just tried an idea I had and it went down rather well.... need to work on it, but it maybe has legs......

I pulled "wedge" out of my bottom drawer and used it to get the cards, a small block of cheese and Klaus. At last I might have a use for wedge that fits into a routine very naturally. But it will need more work to perfect it.

But with or without wedge, am really pleased with the reactions I have gotten so far
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of rjs
Card Shark kindly sent me a replacement mouse.

It is a great trick to perform on children i.e. magicians.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2402 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have this in stock in the UK ready to ship.

Kids do love it but it can be done for any audience.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/klaus-the-mouse.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
344 Posts

Profile of gibby357
This looks like a lot of fun. I too worry about durability at that price but in fairness, it is that way with a lot of gimmicked effect. Just some, more than others. For Klaus to stay cute and appealing, he can't be made of Kevlar.

Leo
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1748 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I am at the 4F right now and several great magicians approached me yeaterday and told me how much mileage they get out of Klaus the Mouse that they bought a year ago.

You will not regret it, it is really a "family trick", men, women and kids love the effect for different reasons.

Chinese Proverb
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Glad to hear you got a new mouse RJS. Since I've doing business with Klaus and company, I couldn't be happier.
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Nice trick, but I would like a download for my library. If I put the mous away for some years and want to bring it back in my show, I would like to check the explanation. This trick is not that difficult, but ok to have the possibility. Usually I never by trick not including instructions. Streaming is not god enough ... in the long run - streaming-links disappear. In this case, I did not understand that the explanation only was available by streaming. Dealars should at least tell if you get instructions permanent og not.

Knarild
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Just an idea - take a moment and record yourself explaining the method to yourself - your own little explanation video, as it were. Then, you never have to worry about not having a video to look back to. In addition, you can add your own thoughts and ideas to the video so you can remember what YOU thought of the trick. I have done this with many effects, and I store those videos digitally with many others I have downloaded. They have been helpful to go back to. I know it's additional work, but just shooting the video for yourself is helpful because it also helps cement the trick in your brain - just like writing down notes in school used to do. Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3262 Posts

Profile of warren
I have this effect which in theory I really like however when I spread the cards they do not spread nicely and tend to split at the vital part if you know what I mean.....if anyone has any tips regarding this feel free to send me a pm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Klaus the mouse (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL