The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » THE MAGICIANS TWIN!!!!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, Slim King wrote:
LOVE THIS VIDEO... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPeyJvXU68k
I'M HOOKED IN THE FIRST 10 MINUTES!!!!

Slim, let me ask you a serious question. What is your alternative?

Are we supposed to re-prove everything with all the steps involved each and every time it's posted?

Or do we just deny any and all science and live in ignorance. We had that, it was called the Dark Ages and didn't go very well for the average person.

Do you honestly think I deny all science? Last night I "face timed" my loved ones thousands of miles away, sent money and gifts by simply pressing a computer mouse, and a zillion other cool scientific things .... Because I don't embrace SCIENTISM doesn't mean I or anyone else lives in the Dark Ages ... That's just silly!!!!

Certainly sounds like it. It's not SCIENTISM (which according to the spell check isn't even a real word) to accept something that has been observed and documented simply because it's too complicated to recreate.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Darwinism (n.) Look up Darwinism at Dictionary.com
1864, from Charles Darwin (1809-1882), whose major works were "The Origin of Species" (1859) and "The Descent of Man" (1871), + -ism.

ism (n.) Look up ism at Dictionary.com
1670s, the suffix -ism used as an independent word, chiefly disparagingly.

-ism Look up -ism at Dictionary.com
word-forming element making nouns implying a practice, system, doctrine, etc., from French -isme or directly from Latin -isma, -ismus (source also of Italian, Spanish -ismo, Dutch, German -ismus), from Greek -ismos, noun ending signifying the practice or teaching of a thing, from the stem of verbs in -izein, a verb-forming element denoting the doing of the noun or adjective to which it is attached. For distinction of use, see -ity. The related Greek suffix -isma(t)- affects some forms.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Skepticism seems to depend upon imagining incompetant demons. Sad to find that that's considered valid argument.

Is there a name for the philosophical position asking "how would someone else just noticing all this come to treat proposition X as more useful than any Y they may already have" ??
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, Slim King wrote:
LOVE THIS VIDEO... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPeyJvXU68k
I'M HOOKED IN THE FIRST 10 MINUTES!!!!

Slim, let me ask you a serious question. What is your alternative?

Are we supposed to re-prove everything with all the steps involved each and every time it's posted?

Or do we just deny any and all science and live in ignorance. We had that, it was called the Dark Ages and didn't go very well for the average person.

Do you honestly think I deny all science? Last night I "face timed" my loved ones thousands of miles away, sent money and gifts by simply pressing a computer mouse, and a zillion other cool scientific things .... Because I don't embrace SCIENTISM doesn't mean I or anyone else lives in the Dark Ages ... That's just silly!!!!

Certainly sounds like it. It's not SCIENTISM (which according to the spell check isn't even a real word) to accept something that has been observed and documented simply because it's too complicated to recreate.

ROTFLMAO .... You let spell check rule you intellectual life????? That truly says a lot about your thinking process. Smile

Looks like it's been in USE for over 140 YEARS!!!!!!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scientism

Don't you feel silly being so wrong?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » THE MAGICIANS TWIN!!!!!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL