The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unreal Miss Universe mistake. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Overworked
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Overworked
It was wild watching that live last night. The only time I really enjoyed a Miss Universe contest
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I feel so sorry for both Miss Columbia and Steve Harvey. I know they must feel terrible today - though for different reasons.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16254 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think they ought have split it after that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, the winner is the winner. Tough night, but they put it straight, and the outcome ended as it was voted.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Overworked
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Overworked
Good thing for Steve Harvey that Pablo Escobar is dead.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2914 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Tough night they're still doing these dam things in 2015. Where's Mr. Universe?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Here's Tony Mount, Mr. Universe 2015:

"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Long after all this is over, we'll still remember "Miss Columbia"!!! This mistake unwittingly is the greatest publicity anyone could ask for! Lynn
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2914 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
O.k. Lobo- at least he looks as though he may have come from somewhere other than Earth. What do the other planets say? Mars Venus? Smile

Didn't they used to do pageants for men more along the lines of the ones for women?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2914 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2914 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Maybe I recall incorrectly and male beauty pageants are more of a new thing. I dunno. Mom used to watch the pageants on t.v. when Bob Barker used to host them.
I thought maybe I'd seen an old clip or something with men, but maybe that's inaccurate. Whatever. I don't really care about them, was just stirring the pot a little on this one. I'm not really sure what to say about them or their effects right now. I tend to oppose 'em, I suppose, but I like to live and let live, so let them carry on if they so choose.

I choose Smile hot chocolate time. Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Here is something to think about.

Who was crowned wrong Miss Universe?

Who is Miss Universe?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Steve Garvey should have stuck to doing baseball games instead.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Meh. Tons of publicity for an event that is largely ignored in the 21st century. If he didn't do it on purpose, he should have.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, magicalaurie wrote:
O.k. Lobo- at least he looks as though he may have come from somewhere other than Earth. What do the other planets say? Mars Venus? Smile

Didn't they used to do pageants for men more along the lines of the ones for women?

Indeed! Why were these things ever called "Miss (or Mister) Universe"? Did they plan to include aliens at some point? Lynn
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
They had a million less viewers than last year. I predict the decline will continue!
They booted Miss Peurto Rico because of her political statements. It's no longer a beauty pageant.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2015, Slim King wrote:
They had a million less viewers than last year. I predict the decline will continue!

Really going out on a limb here, aren't we?

Quote:
On Dec 22, 2015, Slim King wrote:
It's no longer a beauty pageant.

That would have been an astute observation 20 years ago.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It is just as true today. To say it isn't would be a fallacy .... Smile

Karma....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Last year's pageant was a five-year high for viewers...I disagree with Slim's prediction.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unreal Miss Universe mistake. (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL