The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unreal Miss Universe mistake. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2912 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Last year's pageant was a five-year high for viewers...I disagree with Slim's prediction.

Yes ... They were doing quite well until this year ..... Often times ownership changes can really hurt a business venture.

http://www.thewrap.com/ratings-miss-univ......c-a-win/
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Amazing that this sort of event still exists in 2015. Who watches? Who cares?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2015, magicalaurie wrote:

Boy did he back the wrong horse ...ROTFLMAO

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/05/fashio......tml?_r=0
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2912 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"That’s the curious state of fur in 2015: So many people seem happy to sell it and show it, but nobody wants to talk about it."

I've got a suede/cowhide coat. I think it's real- I can see the pores in the hide, so... At the time I bought it I was a little conflicted, but I liked the coat and I figured it may as well be worn by someone who appreciated it. Michael the cow didn't seem to have a problem with it, either. And her adopted charge, Jackson (I didn't name him, but I did name Michael! Smile), seemed interested in it. He was a little shy, but once he knew Michael knew me, I was o.k. in his book and he licked my coat. I'm not sure how Bob Barker would feel about it. And there's a distinction, perhaps, between it and fur farming, how much really, I don't know. I do know life is precious, but we kill things everyday: bacteria, insects, I eat meat, vegetables. Plants are sentient. I live in the circle of life and so does he. I'd like to see more people helping control the cat population by having their pets spayed and neutered...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5184 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Summed up very well.

Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, magicalaurie wrote:
O.k. Lobo- at least he looks as though he may have come from somewhere other than Earth. What do the other planets say? Mars Venus? Smile

Didn't they used to do pageants for men more along the lines of the ones for women?

Nope. The evening gown and bikini competition just wasn't as interesting.
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
But Bob Barker wears leather coats and shoes. He just likes his animal skins defurred.
Overworked
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Overworked
No he doesn't. He gave up leather many many years ago:

"We all know that Bob Barker is a staunch animal defender who ended every episode of The Price Is Right with a reminder to “have your pet spayed or neutered.” But did you know that he stopped wearing leather more than 30 years ago? In an interview with StyleList.com, the iconic game-show host reveals that his wife, Dorothy, inspired him to clean out his closet.

“My wife stopped wearing fur 35 years ago, and she wasn’t trying to influence me, but by example she did. I had several leather jackets and coats with sheepskin that I gave away. I stopped wearing leather belts and then stopped wearing leather completely. And this was all before I became a vegetarian about 32 or 33 years ago.”

Barker attributes his long career—he hosted TV shows for more than 50 years—to his healthy diet. “I firmly believe that I would not be able to work as long as I did—until I was 83—unless I had become a vegetarian.”"
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
These don't look like plastic shoes to me
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-34JhnVgvcRo/Uf......ight.jpg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Unreal Miss Universe mistake. (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL