The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hot Air (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi

I wish to purchase the illusion HOT AIR as describe on Jim Stenimeyer's book..device & Illlusion.

Can anyone advise which is the best builder for this illusion & the est cost...currently I am aiming at OZ Illusions...anyone has other infos on this..many thanks Smile

Warmest Regards
dove-boy
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Dove-boy,
Did you get a price on Hot Air from OZ Illusion?
I contacted them , but haven't heard from them yet.

Ray
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
962 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Ive just had my second item built from Oz illusions,
first class workmanship , great service.
I will use Chris again, no question.
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
I've been interested in the Hot Air illusion too since I first saw it in Device and Illusion.

I'd not heard of Oz Illusions, so I think I'll stick with Gaughan to build this one. We have a pretty big show in Daytona late in the summer. I'd love to try this effect!
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
962 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
There is nothing wrong with Oz Illusions.
ANYBODY that's says otherwise is telling porkies.
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
My preference was to choose another builder. I have not had any dealings with that company (Oz) myself - in fact, I'd never heard of them before today.

I don't have huge budgets to deal with (wish I did!!), so I always do my homework and am very careful of where my money is spent.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi FloridaMagic1 & WayneNZ

Can both of you advise if HOT AIR is more practical & magicial as compared with Chair Suspension & Floating Carpet..for Bday house parties...

How about the Floating Fantasy for US$2500..it seem so magicial...from yr view, kids are more impressed by which version...though I know the Chair Suspension is out cos is very dangerous & risky..should the child can nervous...move around, fall & hurt its back...that's the end of yr magic career..also heard many kids & parents dislike of CHair suspension...not mentioning is Not floating But a suspension.

Any advise of the BEST practicaL, PORTABLE LEVIATION FOR CHILD(UNTRAINED)...BUDGET around US$2500?

Thanks for any feedback
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
I think that Hot Air is a great effect - from the plans, it looks like the metal work might make it pretty heavy. Not sure if it would be very practical for a living room performance. But, I think it is a strong effect. Hope this helps!!! Good luck with your shows!!
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi FloridaMagic1

Perhaps I should stick to HOT AIR..any advise what is the est price John Gaughan will charge for HOT air with Fiber carrying case & a lighted Loop....Thanks Smile

Warmest Regards
doveboy
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
Hi Doveboy,

I wish I had that info, but I would suggest contacting John personally. He's always been very helpful.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi FloridaMagic1

Thanks for yr help Smile

Warmest Regards
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I have Device & Illusion and have built Hot Air. The metal work does make it pretty heavy. It is a great effect and I like it a lot better than a classic Flying Carpet or Super X.

Micheal Leath
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Mike

Is the angle worse or same as the Floating carpet..?

Did you use any hoop to pass thru the assistant..do you think is necessary..thanks Smile

Regards
JY
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I believe that the angles are better than the Floating Carpet. Also, when you remove the sign that is supporting the board, it appears to be further behind the suspended child than it really is.

Yes, I do use a hoop pass. the set up allows for a very convincing hoop pass.

Micheal Leath
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hot Air (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL