The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross Handling (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Purchased Double Cross and watched instructions. Very disappointed that they didn't go into any suggestions or ideas for the handling of the gimmick. Is there any sources for information and instructions on the handling for Double Cross? Thanks
Michael
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
This has become one of my go to effects since it was first released. I even chose to perform it on live TV this month. Such a great effect and prop. Don't remember the instructions being lacking. But what did you feel was missing and maybe I can PM you some ideas and tips to help? Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not sure I'd want to perform this on TV unless, of course, you could edit out a certain move.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dan White recently performed this on one of the late night talk shows. He did it backstage but they recorded it and showed it later.

Jim
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very convenient, allows for editing.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Here is a link to see Dan White do it (effect starts at 2:05):

http://youtu.be/6W2Sq-AgTb0
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
This has been my quick effect since I bought it. The fact that I do magic will eventually come up in all moments of my daily life and finally I have a mega powerful effect that can take as quick as a minute from start to finish! I lost my first one (fell out of pocket) but bought second one immediately despite the price because it is that good. I have since devised a way to prevent me from ever losing it again and it also keeps the "secret" protected as well.

Ryan
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
RSchlutz, I PM you.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
My problem is after the initial setup of the sharpie, I found it is very difficult to detach the gimmick during the performance. Anyone have any tips to make it easier to set up the gimmick fast and easy?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You can try having it already removed and hidden in your hand before starting. You can also loosen it ahead of time to the point where it can be removed easily. There is usually a fear that spectators will notice but actually they don’t - they just see it as a regular Sharpie... unless you treat it otherwise. Smile

Jim
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Here is a link to see Dan White do it (effect starts at 2:05):

http://youtu.be/6W2Sq-AgTb0

White looks like he almost lost a layer of skin trying to get that X to disappear.

Anyone know which ACAAN he did?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The white board marker ink loses its ability as a non permanent ink over time and slowly becomes permanent. It looks ridiculous trying to remove it if you ask me. Just change the script. You still have a miracle on your hands. No pun intended.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Mine is over a year old and still disappears just as easily. Weird that yours doesn't work as well.

Jim
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Ever fiddle with a pen? that's all it is is a simple fiddeling with a pen.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
On the video, he specifically mentions a tip about the ink vanishing better. Has to do with how you carry the marker.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Mine is over a year old and still disappears just as easily. Weird that yours doesn't work as well.

Jim

Mine and many others.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
That ACAAN in the video was nice also. Does anyone know what that was?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Just got this yesterday and wanted to contribute to this 1 year old thread.
I performed this 3 times and haven't had a problem removing the ink from my hand.
It certainly helps if your fingers are moist.
I watched the video once and I am going to watch it again, especially the maintenance section.
Does anyone know if Dry Erase ink can be purchased in a bottle?
Thanks,
Ihor
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I know the ACAAN effect was Great anyone know this one name of the effect ? Double Cross I never leave home without people scream just like the band did lol ! Here Is a tip I was taught start wth the gimmick already on your right middle finger . Your palms are face down as you are showing the spectator what to do like Do as I Do they will copy you & then you know what to do from here. After the deed is done I ask the question have you ever been to New orleans ? at this point I have put the gimmick back on. This is the way Magick showed me at Tannen's it's the only way I know & it works perfect every time !
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Middle finger? Hmm never tried that. Thanks will give that a try. Always used index finger.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross Handling (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL