The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In Memory of Shaggy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Today, I had to make one of the toughest decisions of my life when I brought Shaggy in to the vet’s office. I knew it was her time although that didn't make it easier. Especially when they placed the blanket on the floor and I said my goodbyes, she looked up and licked my face. The needle went into her vein and she closed her eyes one last time.

Shaggy was not only a working partner but considered a family member. She's pictured with me in my Avatar, which at this point is difficult to look at without feeling sadness. I will miss this wonderful Old English sheepdog whom lived with me for 15 years.

Chrystal
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I understand how you must feel Chrystal. My Boston Terrier has been one of my closest and most important friends ever. And I’ve met a lot of people along the way. I also know what a great animal lover you are. It's really tough when you love such a creature and they, unconditionally over the years, returned their love for you. Keep your chin up high.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I'm so sorry Chrystal. I don't know what else to say.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Chrystal,

I am so sorry too. I am very attached to my cats and I know what it's like when that time comes.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Chrystal,
I am so sorry.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
My heart goes out to you Chrystal. It doesn't matter what type of animal it is, they all get to be part of the family.
Where the magic begins
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it really does mean a lot to me.

C
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Chrystal,

I was sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and companion.
I know this can be just as difficult as any other loss.
It's great that you guys had the time you did to spend together and be each other's friend.

I hope that time will give you additional comfort and you will not hurt as much as you do now.

God Bless You

Vincent
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Crystal:

I'm very sad to hear this; I'm sure you gave Shaggy a very wonderful life.

Ron
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks to you both Vincent and Ron. My thanks again to those that posted previously.
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
My Chihuahua cross, Blondie, was put to sleep Nov 19, 2003. She had cancer, which was destroying the bone in her lower jaw, with profuse bleeding in the last days. I will never forget the pleading in her eyes when the painkiller finally failed to ease the pain, the night before I had to say goodbye.
(The same day, I picked up a 2 month old puppy. I can't live without a dog). Smile
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I know what a friend a dog can be. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Oblique
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Sorry for your loss, Chrystal. Smile
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I'm so sorry to hear you lost Shaggy, Chrystal. I have two older pets (actually my childrens, but they didn't take them when they moved out) and I know the day is coming.

I've had to do this in the past and when I was in high school I worked for a veternarian and we did this all the time and it never got easy.

Again, so sorry,
Steven
Coram Deo
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Again, thanks to everyone that offered their condolences. I do miss my friend but find solace she was aged and lived a good life and if I had my choice she would have lived forever. Still, it was hard to say goodbye to my faithful buddy and I appreciated all the kind responses.

Peterng25 I'm sorry about the loss of Blondie. It's tough to make that choice but I'm glad to hear you've got a new pup. May you enjoy him/her for years to come.

Chrystal
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Sorry Chrystal, I had to put my cat to sleep a couple weeks ago too.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks Redstreak and I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I think people that have never experienced a bond with a pet don't quite understand how upsetting it is when you lose one. They are family members whom rush to greet you when you arrive home and seem to know our moods and often sit quietly near you or on your lap (if they fit.)I was lucky to get a puppy a few months ago, the same breed Shaggy was and have formed a bond with him although she was irreplaceable and will always be missed. Thanks for taking the time to offer condolences and please accept mine for your pet.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and companion.
The bond between people and their animals can be as strong as that of family, and I understand your loss. May you always enjoy the good memories of your friend.
Steve
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Chrystal,
I am sorry this is such a late post, but I haven't been on the Café much lately.

My condolences go out to you and your family.
I know how hard it is to lose such a beloved friend, as you know my dog, Shea, died in September, 2003.
I had been praying for Shaggy since you sent me that Private Message a little while back.

It sounds like Shaggy was a stellar companion. Remember the good times.

Once again sorry this reponse is so late, but I extend my condolences to you and your family.

In remembrance of Shaggy,

TJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In Memory of Shaggy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL