The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eerie - Richard Osterlind New DVD Set (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
When I saw the introduction for this product, the photo of Richard as a 21st century Michael Meyers brandishing the huge knife, then read the description, I was hooked and immediately ordered.

Having watched the set, I have to say it is my favorite DVD set of the year. The first DVD is a stand-alone performance DVD. It depicts the entire show in order (although it does pause for a few seconds between acts, which makes it easier when comparing the performance with the instructional DVD). I like this as it shows transitions and allows one to watch the performance without interruption.

The performance was a live performance and does not appear to have been done in multiple takes, so you get real audience reactions.

Each routine, whether previously covered in another DVD or not has a new twist in methodology, routining, or presentation with makes it a learning experience both in performance and explanation.

The instruction DVD was wonderful. Not only where the routines dissected and explained, but performance tips and additional bits of business were given.

Some highlights for me:
I loved the structure of the Psychokinesis Act. The Candle Living & Dead fills an entire room and is a true experience for all there. Original Q&A Act – this is the only Q&A act you would ever need. Georgia Magnet/Body Suspension- this is a complete act unto itself, and the touches Richard teaches on the push elements are fantastic. The twists on Mental Epic have me digging mine out and thinking of how I can use it. I could say much more, but don’t want to spoil the experience of watching this set.

For me, this is my favorite video release of Richard’s in years, and I unreservedly recommend this DVD set.

Tony Iacoviello
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
330 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
I agree with Tony...

This is the review I sent to Richard: "Just wanted to let you know what a fantastic DVD Set EERIE is. I watched all the performances, and all of the explanations. Each effect introduced new ideas of presenting otherwise standard effects. I especially liked the crystal ball effect, and the spirit slate effect, the spirit slate effect introduced me to a whole new approach to presenting the slates. The candle living and dead test was another fantastic presentation with a whole new approach to presenting that effect. Thanks Richard, for doing this project, one of your best offerings to be sure..."

I too highly recommend Eerie...

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Metaphysician
Mentalist & Meta Readings
www.drdanandco.com
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Richard Osterlind has once again taken mentalism back to what it originally was and what it should look like.
I have everything Osterlind Mysteries has released on DVD, and Eerie is among the best
There's no pipe dreams, no drawn-out complex material, and no nonsense.

Just clean, direct and useful knowledge.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3197 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Oh wow, I hadn't heard about this (I'm totally out of the loop).
Looks awesome; I love everything by Osterlind, and "Live without a net" is one of my favorites because of the performance.
Thanks for this review, this is top only list!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I just ordered my set directly from Richard, can't wait to watch it.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2986 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Is a great dvd, great value and wonderful ideas! Richard did it again! Smile
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Haven't seen a real review yet,
it's a great DVD kind of hype is really not a review.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2016, sychou wrote:
Haven't seen a real review yet,
it's a great DVD kind of hype is really not a review.

Well, if you don't like what I, and others, have written here, buy it yourself and write your own review.

BTW, I don't consider mine a review, it is my personal impressions of the product.

Tony Iacoviello
Ashton
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ashton
I really learned a lot from this DVD set. The Original Q&A and Psychokinesis routines are my favorites.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
I saw the 'Penny Bend' on the trailer.. is that FINALLY explained!?
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Richard Osterlind is a living legend of mentalism. I have always liked his releases. I have most of his releases along with his Penguin lecture jointly with Bob Cassidy. But somehow I am not aware of Eerie. Now seeing this thread, I do not want to miss this and will order asap. Looking forward to more and more learning from Richard.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Isper
Metal bending featured but that particular bend is not taught. That said, the DVD set is excellent.
StevenScott
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of StevenScott
Amazes me how Richard Osterlind continues to create great ideas and update older ideas to make them better and stronger. This DVD is wonderful and his updates to the triple prediction effect (mental epic) is a major breakthrough.
n361128
View Profile
New user
Lytham
77 Posts

Profile of n361128
I have Richards Penguin lectures - the second one is the best lecture and is world class. Defo interested in this new dvd set - put it on my wishlist
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
On my whishlist too. It is always a pleasure to watch Mr Osterlind.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6657 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also want this too.
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Yes, true Richard Osterlind is a living legend
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I Really Love Richards Mentalism Effects and wonderful Ideas. Easy to perform, straight forward and perfectly explained. This new DVD Set is definetly on my buy List.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
419 Posts

Profile of minty
I really love the Classic Epic Routine. Very clever, refreshing take on the classic.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Hi,

Got this a while back. Excellent buy. A fresh new approach to creating and teaching from Richard. Especially liked the crystal ball routine (so far as I watched). Will try to post a more detailed review later.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eerie - Richard Osterlind New DVD Set (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL